We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 354 Posts
    Quote from: davidm at Jan 18, 2008, 07:30 PM

Woot great fix Splittingred :thumbsup:

Certainly not thinking about switching to IE (yuck), since I am a Mac user (so is Susan).

Work case scenario, switching to Safari (which I do sometimes to work in the manager) or Opera (but it was not working all that well with the manager last time I checked).

Indeed the manager does not work properly with opera. I tried just this week with 0.9.6.1. and the latest opera and it was really bad. (like i saw many repeating green arrow icons across my entire chunk editting area etc.).
    I did this because the packed mootools still occasionally causes firefox to choke.
    It is going to be IE for me from now on, at least until the new manager UI. I wouldn’t feel comfortable to apply a patch to the manager which fixes the issue for me using FF and might cause trouble with the IE of our clients. Not going to install safari either for windows just because of this, besides it’s still beta.

On a sidenote: if i collapsed and uncollapsed one of my doctree folder/containers the scrolling allways would start working again.
    • just committed #3292 for this for 0962
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • @davidm smashingred != splittingred laugh

@MrDutchy,

The problem is the markup is wrong (meaning not to the W3C Standard or even real tags) and fixing it would make it work in all browsers not just IE. I wouldn’t submit a full patch unless it was crossplatform tested. smiley

Part of the reason Opera has so much trouble with the Manager is the bad markup. This is likely a lot of legacy crap from Etomite.

The reason everything works in IE is that it is designed just for this--to show everything no matter how badly it is marked up.

@rthrash,

I would like to do some more tests as I think that there is more to do here with the manager HTML. I think that the CSS applies oddly to improperly marked up elements.

Cheers,

Jay

PS: Please keep sending in fix results with OS and Browsers. -J
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 7,075 Posts
          Quote from: smashingred at Jan 18, 2008, 08:10 PM
          @davidm smashingred != splittingred laugh

I stand corrected, Jay, sorry for confusing you with Shaun lipsrsealed
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • @davidm,

I am more happy to get acknowledgment for the work. I have really started to figure out this thing (MODx).

As always, all the best,

Jay
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
            • Awesome find! This has been bugging me for some time now. Now I will have to get used to using the entire scrollbar again smiley

@Ryan, thanks for committing this update. http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/changelog/MODx?cs=3292
                Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                Perfect thanks for the great support!
                • I am glad this worked.

If time permits I may get around to trying out a fix for this.

I will need to correct some of the backend code but it may be good enough to make into 0962.

Cheers,

Jay
                    • 958 Posts
                    @ smashingred
                    I have come accross some issues like this when i was working on MODxRTL manager theme, finally find out the reason to be the use of many unreasonable "posision" attribute for nearly every single element.

Regardless but in case if you are interested, there is another scrooling misconfiguration in the login.html page, caused by not using the padding attribute.

#mx_loginbox {
                            width: 460px;
                            margin: auto auto 5px;
                            padding-top: 100px;}

This screenshot is taken from my RTLized manager theme but, useless scrools is also visible in the default manager login page.
                      [img]http://i10.tinypic.com/52c4eir.gif[/img][/td]
                      [td][Wiki] [Persian support forum]
                      [SVN] [RTL SVN Branch] [bugs] [FishEye+Crucible] [Learn MODx!] | [My Google Code]
                      [font=tahoma][برای دسترسی به راهنمای فارسی به [url=http://www.modxcms.ir]