We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Thanks Jay for the tips! I’m actually out of the office right now so any help you can provide on posting this on various places you mention the better! I won’t have a chance to do it until next week and the event will essentially be here undecided
      Jason Bird
      Twitter: @jasonabird @threeeyedbird
    • How did it go? I’d love to hear about it. Unfortunately I didn’t get to share it elsewhere but we can make the next one even bigger.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 388 Posts
        We had a great meeting. There’s always so much to learn from other MODx users. Can’t wait for the next one.
          www.terrybarthdesign.com
        • Like Terry said, was a very good meeting. The preview of Bob Ray’s book looks amazing and can’t wait until it comes out.

Next meeting is looking like the 28th. Official event page/details will be posted mid next week.
            Jason Bird
            • 9 Posts
            I can echo Terry and Jason’s evaluation—good crew and a good meeting.

Jason gave us a quick rundown on the method Three-Eyed Bird Design (his company)uses to pack up all the Evolution resources, addons, chunks, and snippets that they regularly use to get a jump-start on a new Evo installation. Bob Ray (of bobsguides.com fame) chimed in and we got an unexpected blessing when he showed us Revolution’s package installer, which gives 2.x users a quick and easy way to do the same thing.

Bob went on to show us just a few brief excerpts of his new MODx manual. It appears to be chock-full of code examples and has some awesome appendices (it’s somewhere around 700 pages and will double as fitness equipment). Focused on Revolution, I’m looking forward to it’s impending (soon, please, Bob) publication. If Evolution is still serving you quite well, not to worry — every chapter has Evo-related notes.

Michael Gross
              • 24,544 Posts
              It was great to meet everyone and it was really interesting to see Jason’s method for creating a new site. I wish I could make it to more meetings.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 139 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Mar 25, 2011, 04:53 AM

I’m out of town for most of the year, but I could drop in occasionally. wink

BobRay’s in the Twin Citites!?

I’m on board and stoked for the next one for sure.
                  • 236 Posts
                  Dag... Let’s do another soon... I so want in on this. @shawnh on twitter and [email protected]
                    ~Shawn Himmelberger
                    Check out my MODx Development and MODx Design Company - Himmelberger Design
                  • The June Meetup is scheduled for June 28th at 6:30pm. Please register here: http://june11tcmodx.eventbrite.com/ to ensure room is setup correctly for amount of people coming. Here are all the details:

Modx Forum topic related to user group discussions: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=62650

The building does lock around 7pm so if you are going to be late, let us know in advance so we can arrange so you can get in. There is plenty of free parking, but make sure you park in the open lot (as shown on the map). Building management asks no one park in the parking ramp as that is for the other building. We have a pdf available with directions to the building, parking, and conference room: http://www.tebd.net/crmap.pdf.

Feel free to join our google group as well to keep udated: https://groups.google.com/group/twin-cities-modx

Agenda:
                    6:30-6:45 - Introductions/Get to know each other
                    6:45-7:45 - Design/Dev Reviews - Showcase sites recently done with modx getting feedback and sharing your useage of modx and snippets. Ideally 5-10 min per site. (Will need sites to show/discuss, so bring ones you want. We will have projector/computer with internet).
                    7:45-8:15 - Discuss any recent problems you have had and let group try to solve them (or possibly continue site reviews)
                    8:15-8:30 - Discuss what to cover next month and who will present
                    8:30 - Adjourn
                      Jason Bird
                      • 1 Posts
                      I would love to meet some fellow Modxers..... Count me in please smiley