We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Also, what topics would people like to discuss/have presented to them?
    • Lets' make this thing happen. I would love to see a Sydney MODX Meetup before end of June.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 228 Posts
        Quote from: oksushi at Jun 12, 2012, 04:25 AM
        Also, what topics would people like to discuss/have presented to them?

I'm not sure what level everyone is at, I'm guessing everyone else is not too sure either, but we could start with some generic topics for discussion and develop ideas from there:

• why we choose modx
        • selling modx to clients
        • essential add-ons
        • compare workflows
        • ..more ??

PS I can't make it the last week of june - on hols smiley
          • 38 Posts
          Hey,
          I like the sound of it so far but unfortunately I will on holidays from the 21st June till the 10th July... So if you do meet during this period it would be great if someone could post brief notes of what was discussed...

Cheers
            Revolution 2.2.0
            Developer not a programmer...
          • OK, I’ve locked in a date: Thursday July 12 at 6pm at The Working Party.

Please register your interest here: http://modx-sydney.eventbrite.com.au/
              • 38 Posts
              Hi all,

For the next Sydney meetup I think some good topics would be

• Setting up users
              • Organising resources
              • Using resource groups

So I guess looking at the security tab and setting up a different levels of users. Setting up users seems to be a mighty beast and is a bit confusing as first even though I see the benefit in having such a flexible system.

Cheers
                Revolution 2.2.0
                Developer not a programmer...
                • 141 Posts
                Damn, I missed the meet up. I really should pay attention to the forums.

When is the next meeting?

damshawthing's topic ideas look good. May I suggest a discussion around modx cloud.
                  Glyn Szasz
                  Sydney, Australia

Happy to help (when can) and happy to learn

If you are a Sydney based MODX developer would love to hear from you. Please contact me.
                • Hi Glyn,

The first meeting had a presentation about MODX Cloud!

Was heaps of fun, shame you didn’t get to come.

Fill in your details here and I’ll put you on the notify list for the next one https://oxygenkiosk.wufoo.com/forms/sydney-modx-community/
                    • 141 Posts
                    @oksushi Thanks for reply so quick. Looking forward to chatting with some fellow modx's
                      Glyn Szasz
                      Sydney, Australia

If you are a Sydney based MODX developer would love to hear from you. Please contact me.
                      • 141 Posts
                      Well it has been a few months since the last post in this thread. Would everybody like to meet up sometime soon. Perhaps at a pub or cafe in King Street Wharf or some place else.
                        Glyn Szasz
                        Sydney, Australia