We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Okay Houston Meet Up has been BOOKED! May 19, 2011 at http://carolinecollective.cc/ from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Come on down and meet up with the MODx Founders!
      Billy Koch
      Follow me on Twitter: @DefKoch
    • Quote from: splittingred at Mar 24, 2011, 06:19 PM

Hm, Houston is only a few hours away...

So will you be gracing your presence in Houston on the 19th as well?
        Billy Koch
      • Okay folks! Today is the DAY! Houston Meetup at Caroline Collective. Hope to see ya’ll there at 6 p.m.!

Billy Koch
          • 284 Posts
          So first: Congratulations! Seems that your meeting was awesome (read some mentions on twitter) yesterday.
          Do you have photo material or would you write something about your meeting? Would be great to hear what you’ve done and how it was. smiley

(+used my files?)
            MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
          • It was streamed live on ustream, but it didn’t seem to have been recorded... Or maybe there’s something Billy needs to do to make it show up if it was.

I think there barely were any slides used, there was a lively discussion, Ryan explaining a lot about MODX itself, and I guess most of the important stuff was touched on.
            We got a look into the Method21 manager (though it was hard to actually see that from the stream, but what he explained was good) and um.. loads of stuff really :p
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • Quote from: Mark at May 20, 2011, 09:34 AM

It was streamed live on ustream, but it didn’t seem to have been recorded... Or maybe there’s something Billy needs to do to make it show up if it was.

I think there barely were any slides used, there was a lively discussion, Ryan explaining a lot about MODX itself, and I guess most of the important stuff was touched on.
              We got a look into the Method21 manager (though it was hard to actually see that from the stream, but what he explained was good) and um.. loads of stuff really :p

Thats where I goofed quite a bit - I should have recorded it which I didn’t. sad But no slides were shown - just Ryan explaining about MODx and then they did a demo of MODx and different areas of it. (We had some new people to MODx in the room) But it was a good learning experience.
                Billy Koch
                • 284 Posts
                Ah, unluckily I didn’t noticed there was a livestream… but sounds great!
                  MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
                • Would be great for us guys in the UK if there was a live stream cast once every 6 months or so from the founders and/or other modx developers.
                  • Its that time again! Houston MODX Meetup - June 16, 2011 at 6:30 to 8:30 at Caroline Collective! Hope to see you folks there!
                      Billy Koch
                    • We won’t be there for this one due to some pending meetings but I can’t wait for July.
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me