We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 132 Posts
    I would be very interested in starting and/or participating in a user group / meetup in Southern California.

Overall open to any and all ideas.

If nothing else would love to hear from any local So. Cal. MODx user, so please PM me if you like.
      "One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"
    • Yo...I’m in Murrieta, so not too far away. I come out to the Seal Beach area periodically to hang out with the Foxy Cart (http://www.foxycart) owner. Shoot me an email ... would definitely love to hear from you. I’m always looking for other MODx devs as my company grows.
        Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
        • 15 Posts
        LOL... I built a Foxycart clone for a client using ModX laugh

I’m nearby in Claremont and would be very interested in this.
        • Cool...looks like we’re gathering a little momentum on users in the So Cal area. Hopefully we can pick up a good group over the next week and find some place central to meet.
          • Good stuff folks. Let me know if there is anyway we can help your Meetup/UG happen.
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 132 Posts
              Great to hear from you guys. I live in Valencia just down the street from Magic Mountain smiley weeeee .. but I use to live in OC and have many contact down there and happy to make trips anytime smiley. So for a small handful of guys I could possibly get us some office space for a few hours when needed.

I am also involved in a huge migration to MODx off a homebrewed system that I think will really push MODx. Not live yet but looking to build up a good group of local dev’s behind me to support my clients needs.

"One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"
                • 361 Posts
                I vote for Taco Surf in Seal Beach. Nice and central (for me at least wink ), with $1 happy hour tacos.
                  Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
                  • 249 Posts
                  My partner and I don’t have gobs of time, but if the meetup is scheduled conveniently, I’m sure we could participate.

@aesmith - I live right off the 14 fwy at golden valley. We’re practically neighbors.
                    lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development
                  • Would definitely be interested in meeting up, or even just chatting/ networking with local MODx’ers. I have a feeling my friends get tired of me going on and on about how cool MODx is!

I’m in Baldwin Park (by West Covina/ City of Industry).
                      WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
                    • Should we try and set something up in the next month or so? I’m tied up for the next 3 weeks with projects, but it’d be great if we set a definitive day in the next month or two. Maybe end of July?