We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi smashingred.

My parent and other published docs are hidden from menus. Here is my original getResources call, which uses &showHidden:

[[!getResources? &parents=`3` &limit=`10` &sortby=`createdon` &sortdir=`DESC` &includeTVs=`1` &includeContent=`1` &tpl=`rssListing` &showHidden=`1`]]

Have double checked my code, but still having a problem.
    • Odd, but in the RSS document Resource Content, I changed the "style" to "paragraph" and the problem is resolved!

• When you don’t need the RTE, turn it off (Settings -> Rich text editor?). Can save you some headaches.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 81 Posts
          yep, my feed entries were hidden from menus and adding &showHidden=`1` to getResources call solved the problem.
          Thanks Jay, you’re a dime!

Winner:
          [[!getResources? 
             &parents=`10`
             &limit=`10`
             &sortby=`createdon`
             &sortdir=`DESC`
             &includeTVs=`1`
             &includeContent=`1`
             &showHidden=`1`
             &tpl=`RSSItem`
          ]]

Trouble solved.
            Radio sucks!
          • I figured that might have been the problem purpler. Most of the Add-on docs are pretty good: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Home
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 81 Posts
              hmm, could getResource pick up the resource images too to include them into feed channel?
                Radio sucks!
              • Actually guys, it stopped working again. Had to mess around with the RTE style again to get it working again. Also, noticed that the feed doesn’t return the published on date in firefox, but does with IE8! A bit more work to do I think.
                • Quote from: Mark at Jan 12, 2011, 05:24 PM

When you don’t need the RTE, turn it off (Settings -> Rich text editor?). Can save you some headaches.
                  @modxnovice ^

Quote from: purpler at Jan 12, 2011, 09:58 PM

hmm, could getResource pick up the resource images too to include them into feed channel?
                  Sure. Make sure to use &includeTVs (capitalization may be off: check the docs) if it’s in a tv, and just use the tag in the chunk template.

Quote from: modxnovice at Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 PM

Also, noticed that the feed doesn’t return the published on date in firefox, but does with IE8! A bit more work to do I think.
                  The RSS feed is generated on the server side, so there shouldn’t be any difference in the browsers. Check the source of the page instead of what IE / FF makes of it to see if it is actually included.
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                  • modxnovice,

Your feed is partially working but you are not getting your content or introtext to show up. See: http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://www.turnaroundweek.com/index.php%3Fid%3D23 and you’ll notice that the feed works. (Most browsers will parse and display XML/RSS however they want). This is why I always use a feed validator to ensure things are working correctly. This is likely why Firefox didn’t show the dates.

In your chunk within the description tag make sure you have either [[+content]] or [[+introtext]] depending on what your template chunk has. I’d certainly try turning off TinyMCE to see if it is buggering things up. I don’t use it and therefore didn’t test it with it.
                      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                      • 81 Posts
                      Mark, could you simplify this for me please:
                      "Sure. Make sure to use &includeTVs (capitalization may be off: check the docs) if it's in a tv, and just use the tag in the chunk template."

its not quite clear to me what needs to be done.
                      Thanks in advance
                        Radio sucks!