We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Nice suggestion, Aour, I very much agree we need some kind of pagination there...
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 3,975 Posts
      I cant understand the pagination thing, would you like to be more specific ?

regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 835 Posts
        I cannot explain better :

when you are in the webpage "Module" you have to click on "Developer’s Guide" in the dropmenu and on "Creating a Module" to read it. After you have to click on "Developer’s Guide" in the dropmenu and on "Module configuration" to read it ...

Zi, go the "module" webpage and try to go to the child webpage "Creating a Module". It is impossible without click on the parent of "module" webpage.

You can perhaps add a menu block in level2 webpage with the list of level 3 webpage :

Level 2 : Modules
        level 3 : # Creating a Module
        # Module configuration
        # Module code
        # Module dependecies
        # Built-in Modules
        Level 4 : * QuickEdit

Aour
          • 4,213 Posts
          Hey,

When surfing around the documentation, I’ve noticed some weird things on the "< bacward index forward >" navigation menus.. If you go to f.ex. Template Basics page and check the navigation, it says "< Adding Snippets ‌ index ‌ >" it doesn’t print the link to the next page "Adding MODx Tags". In the Adding MODx Tags page the navigation is the same again, but the other way around. Doesn’t print the backward link.. If you go to Moving Sites to New Servers page the navigation is "< Web Users & Web Groups ‌ index ‌ Taking Your Site Offline >" which is way off if you look the tree menu.. these are just examples, other pages have the "forward backward" navigation bugged too.. huh

I’d also like to say that I have found the documentation to be very exellent! Superb work from the documentation team and all people involved, I thank you thousand times for taking the time to write extensive documentation with screenshots and everything. Keep up the good work! grin

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • I noticed that too...need to go take a look at the prevnext snippet call and see how the pages are ordered.

[Edit] All fixed. The prevnext snippet takes an argument for what field to sort by, in this case we wanted &sortBy=`menuindex`.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 1 Posts
              I know I’m new, but I was wondering, why doesn’t the online documentation have the option to print each section. Going to each page and then printing it and repeating for every page in the sections that’s wanted around in hardcopy is tedious.

I’m not complaining, more like hoping I missed something and someone’ll toss the answer at me.

-Rushowr - bitmunkey.com (undergoing modx build now)
                --
                Rushowr
                Bitmunkey.com - An Evolution Of Intelligence
                • 204 Posts
                You could always try the screen grab extension for firefox, it has an option to save the entire document smiley
                  • 73 Posts
                  hi,

kudos for the great documentation! the snippets, chunks, placeholders, tvs are starting to get sense. now i need to read examples and best practices.  wink

i think i found some bugs in the docs though...

* in the Using Snippets in your Template page:
                  the snippet [[MenuSnippet?id=`0`&activelink=`active`]] doesn’t work. i didn’t get the menu rendered when i tried it. maybe it could be replaced with DropMenu?

* in the View Port Widget and Delete pages:
                  there are no longtitle and no <last page | index | next page> nav menus.

* in the Binding data with @ bindings section:
                  if you go to the What are @ bindings? page and start navigating with the <last page | index | next page> menu, you won’t be able to reach the @CHUNK Bindings page, which it does exist and is reachable from the section index.

hope this helps.
                    • 141 Posts
                    In "creating-a-module.html" the word "parameters" is spelled incorrectly in the dependencies image (http://modxcms.com/assets/images/docs_img/modules_4.gif).
                      • 107 Posts
                      UserComment documentation notes.

ITEM 1
                      In the example of the default display template, the code for action in the form tag is incorrect:
                      <form method="post" action="[~[id]~]">

The correct code is:
                      <form method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]">

If you use this current documentation example as a base for your own mod, it results in a parse error.