We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    I’ve been trying to set up css selectors which I’ve done on other sites OK but the latest one completely removes the tiny editor when i add a selector. any ideas why would be very welcome!
      • 1,161 Posts
      Are you running Evo 1.0.3 that comes with TinyMCE 3.3.2 while trying to add CSS declarations via the Tools>Configuration manager?

I am getting the same thing! As soon as you remove the declarations the TinyMCE editor comes back.

Another way of asking this question is how do you safely add CSS declarations using Evo 1.0.3 that comes with TinyMCE 3.3.2?
        • 27 Posts
        yes that’s it exactly! must be something in the latest version that isn’t working ...
          • 1,098 Posts
          I had the same problem. A solution is to override the files with the old TinyMCE (from MODx Evolution 1.0.2)
            • 1,161 Posts
            Interesting...

I hate all of these RTE systems but clients need them.

Is there a downside to using the older version of TinyMCE?
              • 27 Posts
              hi microcipcip

which files did you replace? i’ve tried replacing the ones in the plugins folder but think i must be missing some as it didn’t work.

by the way there is this i found:
              http://modxcms.com/extras/package/459
              for those with revolution but i have evolution installed.
                • 1,098 Posts
                I’ve replaced also the folder manager\media\browser. After that you replace tinyMCE you must update the configuration settings in Elements > Manage Elements > Plugin > TinyMCE > Configuration Settings. This is my setting, on "Plugin configuration":

&customparams=Custom Parameters;textarea; &tinyFormats=Block Formats;text;p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,div,blockquote,code,pre,address &entity_encoding=Entity Encoding;list;named,numeric,raw;named &entities=Entities;text; &tinyPathOptions=Path Options;list;rootrelative,docrelative,fullpathurl;docrelative &tinyCleanup=Cleanup;list;enabled,disabled;enabled &tinyResizing=Advanced Resizing;list;true,false;false &advimage_styles=Advanced Image Styles;text; &advlink_styles=Advanced Link Styles;text; &disabledButtons=Disabled Buttons;text; &tinyLinkList=Link List;list;enabled,disabled;enabled &webtheme=Web Theme;list;simple,advanced,editor,custom;advanced &webPlugins=Web Plugins;text;paste,style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media &webButtons1=Web Buttons 1;text;undo,redo,selectall,separator,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,separator,cleanup,removeformat,separator,fullscreen,print,code,help &webButtons2=Web Buttons 2;text;bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,separator,separator,blockquote,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,styleselect,formatselect,separator,styleprops &webButtons3=Web Buttons 3;text;pastetext,pasteword,selectall &webButtons4=Web Buttons 4;text; &webAlign=Web Toolbar Alignment;list;ltr,rtl;ltr
                  • 27 Posts
                  ideal. thanks for that. works a treat!
                    • 1,161 Posts
                    Can we go through this step by step?

* Which version of TinyMCE do we use?
                    * Do we just replace the entire contents of the older version into the newer version folder?
                    * Do we then replace the plugin code and configuration?
                    * What about connecting the correcting paths etc?

This seems like a one step forward (newer versions of MODx and TinyMCE) but a step back (loosing functionality and more headaches)...

Thanks!

I tried going back to TinyMCE 3.2.4.1 but I get a ton of warning errors and the editor does not work.

I get 5 errors within the manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746)...
                      • 1,098 Posts
                      Ok sorry, here is what I did, step by step:
                      First, you need a installation of MODx Evolution 1.0.2, from which you’ll copy the working TinyMCE.

1) Override assets\plugins\tinymce
                      2) Override manager\media\browser
                      3) Update configuration settings on "Elements > Manage Elements > Plugin > TinyMCE > Configuration Settings" on "Plugin configuration" with:
                      &customparams=Custom Parameters;textarea; &tinyFormats=Block Formats;text;p,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,div,blockquote,code,pre,address &entity_encoding=Entity Encoding;list;named,numeric,raw;named &entities=Entities;text; &tinyPathOptions=Path Options;list;rootrelative,docrelative,fullpathurl;docrelative &tinyCleanup=Cleanup;list;enabled,disabled;enabled &tinyResizing=Advanced Resizing;list;true,false;false &advimage_styles=Advanced Image Styles;text; &advlink_styles=Advanced Link Styles;text; &disabledButtons=Disabled Buttons;text; &tinyLinkList=Link List;list;enabled,disabled;enabled &webtheme=Web Theme;list;simple,advanced,editor,custom;advanced &webPlugins=Web Plugins;text;paste,style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media &webButtons1=Web Buttons 1;text;undo,redo,selectall,separator,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,separator,cleanup,removeformat,separator,fullscreen,print,code,help &webButtons2=Web Buttons 2;text;bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,separator,separator,blockquote,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,styleselect,formatselect,separator,styleprops &webButtons3=Web Buttons 3;text;pastetext,pasteword,selectall &webButtons4=Web Buttons 4;text; &webAlign=Web Toolbar Alignment;list;ltr,rtl;ltr

This is what I did. It should work. BTW I hope they will put the old TinyMCE in the next MODx Evolution version.