We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • The 5,000 limit on resources only applies to document resources, and this is because of the way the site cache stores alias/ID combinations to reduce database access. The Manger might slow down if there get to be enough users, but I’m sure that it would take a LOT of users to make a really noticeable difference.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
    • Hey, I translated the language file to neutral spanish (Spain) (file attached).
      Rememeber to copy it in assets/snippets/WebLoginPE/lang/ folder for using it.

Enjoy! great Snippet! grin
        • 71 Posts
        Hello!
        I have problems with All buttons in Firexox. They do not work.
        <button type="submit" id="wlpeSaveProfileButton" name="service" value="saveprofilesimple">Save</button>
        If I change tag button on the input tag:
        <input type="submit" id="wlpeSaveProfileButton" name="service" value="saveprofilesimple" />
        Buttons are working. In other browsers buttons work without any problems.
        modx v. 1.0.4
        WPE 1.3.0
        pls help me.
          • 206 Posts
          That’s a too early version of WLPE. v1.3.1 is out for a long time, and you can find links to 1.3.2 beta on this board.

Your problem is that on the wlpeRegisterInstantTpl the submit button must have a value "saveuserprofile" and on the wlpeProfileTpl it’s value has to be "saveprofile".
            • 71 Posts
            I deleted this string from snippet WPE and everything working:
            $modx->regClientStartupScript(’assets/snippets/webloginpe/js/ieButtonFix.js’);
              • 5 Posts
              Hi i’ve translated WebloginPE in to Norwegian and placed the language file ’no.php’ in assets/snippits/webloginpe/lang.

This is my webloginpe call:
               [!WebLoginPE? &lang=`no`!] 

When I preview the page all i get is a black page, not even my theme is shown. If I set &lang to ’en’ or ’fr’ everything works as expected.

Some info:
              Modx versjon: 1.04
              WebLoginPe: 1.3.1
              PHP: 5.2.13
              Mysql: 5.1.30
              • Something is not right with the language file. Double-check the beginning and ending <?php and ?>; make sure there are no spaces or line feeds before and after the code. Make sure each line is properly ended with a ;, and double-check for missing quote marks.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 13 Posts
                  I’ve done some changes to the version 1.3.2 Beta 1 - with instances 3 (.zip package is called 1.3.1, but code comment says 1.3.2 Beta 1).

After I’ve finished my changes, I realized, that some points already discussed here, but not included in the downloadable .zip packages at google code. (I prefer such packages over SVN releases for production uses).

These are my changes: (edited file attached)
                  /*
                   * CHANGES IN FUNCTIONALITY:
                   * - function GeneratePassword() now produces random mnemonic passwords
                   * - using some new class constants for rudimentary configuration
                   * BUG FIXES: 
                   * - replaced useless
                   * 			if (count($groupArray > 0))
                   *   with
                   * 			if (count($GLOBALS['groupsArray']) > 0)
                   *   in functions Register() and SaveUserProfile()
                   * - added variable $type to global statement in function AutoLogin()
                   * - exchanged lines
                   * 		$web_users = $modx->getFullTableName('web_users');
                   *   and
                   * 		$numRows = "SELECT count(*) FROM " . $web_users;
                   *   in function ViewAllUsers(), since variable $web_users wasn't declared
                   * - replaced two occurences of $id with $this->WlpeId inside the function ViewAllUsers()
                   * CHANGES TO GET RID OF DEPRECATED LANGUAGE FEATURES (using PHP 5.3.0)
                   * - exchange eregi("...") with preg_match(".../i") in function ValidateEmail()
                   * - exchange ereg_replace() with preg_replace() at the end of function Register() 
                   * - declared access scopes of class members as in PHP 5
                   */

• 5 Posts
                    Thank you, feela and allanb for updating this.

I’m a flat out newbie when it comes to modx and AJAX. I am interested in using this to run an AJAX login but I can’t find any instructions to set it up and the docs are slightly vague. I’ve been researching taconite but I’m still unclear how to implement it. I’m not sure if it is through parameters, a custom TPL, both, or something else. Knowing me, I’m just missing something. Any help would be great.
                      • 2 Posts
                      Hi

I have a problem, I use lihomeid and lohomeid but only the second works fine. lihomeid does not work. Always refresh the page, never goes to the lihomeid defined. I tried to write different pages, but it does not work (for each of the pages the user has rights). I cleaned the cache too.
                      That is my call:

[!WebLoginPE? &type=`simple` &disableServices=`register,deleteprofile` &liHomeId=`162,10,2,12,98,10,105,168` &loHomeId=`12` &loginFormTpl=`LoginForm` &successTpl=`LoginSuccessTpl` &profileTpl=`profileTpl`!]

MODx 1.0.3 rev 6653
                      PHP Version 5.2.9
                      * WebLoginPE Snippet 1.3.1
                      * v1.3.1 Bugfix by Soshit