We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hello all.

I’ve just downloaded the latest stable release. I’ve completed a fresh install with all messages ’OK’. However, when I login to the manager, I get a "Incorrect username or password entered!" error. Checked the database in MySQL and everything is created even the users table with the encrypted password.

I’m testing this on a local install with the following specs:
    IIS 5.1
    PHP 5.2.1
    MySQL 5.0.37

Any ideas? Thanks
    • If 0.9.5 is what you installed, check to see if your MySQL server implementation is running with STRICT_TRANS_TABLES as one of the sql_mode options. If so, either disable this mode in MySQL and restart the server, or, if that is not possible, you may need to install 0.9.6 RC3 (or wait a few days for the final release of 0.9.6), which should work even if STRICT_TRANS_TABLES is turned on.
        • 8 Posts
        Thanks for the reply OpenGeek. smiley Will try to check STRICT_TRANS_TABLES as you advised.

Regarding 0.9.6 RC3... I did try installing it as I thought this has been resolved in the new version but I still got the same error.
          • 8 Posts
          I did the steps as advised.
          1. Went to ’MySQL Command Line Client’
          2. Run set sql_mode = ’’;
          3. Re-started MySQL Service
          4. Re-installed MODx

Still I got the same error. undecided Did I miss anything?
          • No, this is starting to sound like a PHP session configuration issue...please provide some relevant environment details regarding session configuration.

Or actually, wait; you’ll need to make changes to the MySQL config file -- running that through the command line client only sets it for that client session...
              • 8 Posts
              Quote from: OpenGeek at May 01, 2007, 03:41 PM

No, this is starting to sound like a PHP session configuration issue...please provide some relevant environment details regarding session configuration.
              What exactly in php.ini that I we need to take a look at? There’s a lot of SESSION.* variables I found.

Quote from: OpenGeek at May 01, 2007, 03:41 PM

Or actually, wait; you’ll need to make changes to the MySQL config file -- running that through the command line client only sets it for that client session...
              I’ve checked my.ini and did not find any variable that may be related to sql_mode. Should I add one, something like default-sql-mode=’’?

Thanks a lot for the assistance, dude. Really appreciate it!
              • Just post the SESSION section of your phpinfo() output. And are you looking in my.cnf for MySQL server? Not ini, or at least I don’t believe... ??
                  • 8 Posts
                  Here it is Jason:

[table]
                  [tr][td]Session Support [/td][td]enabled [/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]Registered save handlers [/td][td]files user [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Registered serializer handlers [/td][td]php php_binary wddx [/td][/tr]
                  [/table]

[table]
                  [tr][td]Directive[/td][td]Local Value[/td][td]Master Value[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.auto_start[/td][td]Off[/td][td]Off[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.bug_compat_42[/td][td]Off[/td][td]Off[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]session.bug_compat_warn[/td][td]On[/td][td]On[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cache_expire[/td][td]180[/td][td]180[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cache_limiter[/td][td]nocache[/td][td]nocache[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cookie_domain[/td][td]no value[/td][td]no value[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cookie_httponly[/td][td]Off[/td][td]Off[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]session.cookie_lifetime[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cookie_path[/td][td]/[/td][td]/[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.cookie_secure[/td][td]Off[/td][td]Off[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.entropy_file[/td][td]no value[/td][td]no value[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.entropy_length[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]session.gc_divisor[/td][td]1000[/td][td]1000[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.gc_maxlifetime[/td][td]1440[/td][td]1440[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.gc_probability[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.hash_bits_per_character[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.hash_function[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]session.name[/td][td]PHPSESSID[/td][td]PHPSESSID[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.referer_check[/td][td]no value[/td][td]no value[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.save_handler[/td][td]files[/td][td]files[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.save_path[/td][td]C:\DOCUME~1\c***\LOCALS~1\Temp\php\session[/td][td]C:\DOCUME~1\c***\LOCALS~1\Temp\php\session[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.serialize_handler[/td][td]php[/td][td]php[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]session.use_cookies[/td][td]On[/td][td]On[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.use_only_cookies[/td][td]Off[/td][td]Off[/td][/tr]
                  [tr][td]session.use_trans_sid[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
                  [/table]

However, I can’t find my.cnf or any .cnf file on my drive C:. sad
                  • adrktemplar,

You will probably find it a heck of a lot easer to develop using XAMPP ... setting up a proper webdev environment is not a trivial task and there’s a lot to go wrong. Heck even Jason does that! With that said though, moving this to the appropriate support topic (Windows/IIS...).
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 8 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at May 02, 2007, 02:35 PM

You will probably find it a heck of a lot easer to develop using XAMPP ... setting up a proper webdev environment is not a trivial task and there’s a lot to go wrong. Heck even Jason does that!
                      Thanks for the advice Ryan. Actually, I’m downloading XAMPP now and hopefully would be able to go past the errors and fully test MODx. I guess it’s really the way to go.

Quote from: rthrash at May 02, 2007, 02:35 PM
                      With that said though, moving this to the appropriate support topic (Windows/IIS...).
                      Please do so and thanks.

[off-topic]
                      Please forgive my ignorance as I’m just starting with PHP and MySQL. I feel that five years of my life is wasted learning and perfecting ASP programming. I should have chosen PHP in the beginning. Hopefully I’ll also learn PHP so that in time, I’d be able to contribute to this wonderful community and be able to return the favor. Lots of thanks to you guys!
                      [/off-topic]