We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ll second Site5, I’ve been with them for going on 4 years now without any trouble. The added MODxpo traffic didn’t even bring my site down which was amazing.

They don’t have an auto installer yet, but I keep reminding Ben from time to time, they are working on something for the future so this may be resolved in the near future smiley

I can also recommend WiredTree, I am going on two years with them, great support. They give me more control than Site5, which has pros/cons, but they are always nice and address my concerns. They focus on higher end VPS/Dedicated setups.

Again no auto installer, but a solid host is more important than an auto installer in my book.
      Patrick | Server Wrangler
      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
      • 1,572 Posts
      My work have a account on Site five that we are moving all our sites away from to Rackspace, but is site5 capable of hosting Revo ??

Thanks
      • Quote from: paulp at Sep 27, 2010, 10:55 PM

My work have a account on Site five that we are moving all our sites away from to Rackspace, but is site5 capable of hosting Revo ??

Thanks

Yep, my site is running Revolution (shard server). Why the shift to Rackspace?
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • Quote from: paulp at Sep 27, 2010, 10:55 PM

Site5 should have no issues with Revo indeed as Patrick said.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 11 Posts
            Quote from: bennyb at Sep 27, 2010, 02:55 PM

That looks like a heartinternet template smiley, but they do, do a good job on modx. Only a couple of recent issues highlighted here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,54174.0.html

But apart from that, they are a great reseller account for the price.

Yeah it is smiley But I find they work better than some other hosts!

Havent encountered those issues you linked, but time will tell!
              • 1,572 Posts
              Quote from: AMDbuilder at Sep 27, 2010, 11:34 PM

Quote from: paulp at Sep 27, 2010, 10:55 PM

Thanks

Yep, my site is running Revolution (shard server). Why the shift to Rackspace?
              Purely due to excessive downtime over a period of a few months, that was about 18 months ago though and we still have sites on their server that don’t suffer any now. Were curently looking to move away from Rackspace because although we pay them £350 a month for support all we are ever told is they can’t support us because we have cpanel and WHM installed so im looking at site5’s cloud at the moment.
                • 1 Posts
                A host rating is a great idea. Would help us all weed out the bad quality sites. grin
                  Dont allow those crank callers to get away with it when you can easily and cheaply do a reverse phone lookup on the owner of that number.
                  • 82 Posts
                  Quote from: Pete at Sep 27, 2010, 06:12 PM

I use (affiliate link alert!) EUKHost - they don’t have an amazing looking website, but the service is great and the speed of their servers is fantastic.

Another big plus vote for EUKHost from me. Their service has been exemplary. I’ve posted general queries for setting things up, had a response in less than 10 minutes and the fix implemented in less than 20 minutes. Most of that time was me typing emails. They setup Ruby for me because I wanted to install Redmine. I’m just looking at upgrading my sites to Revo. First problem was the server I’m currently on doesn’t have the PHP pdo modules installed. Their immediate response was an offer to move me to a server where it is supported, just as soon as I’m ready to make the switch. This was all on ~£50 per year shared hosting scheme so I’m very pleased with them.

Adrian
                  • My site (as well as many others I’ve worked on) are hosted on a dutch ISP called Antagonist. Amazingly cheap (€ 24,- including domain name per year) but can’t seem to find an apparent reason. Besides that’s it’s a shared hosting.

MODx (evo+revo) runs smoothly, but I’ve not looked into if they allow one-click installs or not.

That said - I don’t have real high traffic sites on there, so things may be different. But until now their service and server capabilities are amazing. (Especially considering the price!).
                      Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                      • 1,161 Posts
                      Always like these threads...

I have MODx sites scattered across several hosts. Some have been smooth and others have presented minor issues. Recently I have had a couple of projects where clients have had a host plan setup before coming to me. Both were with Bluehost. Both have been simple and very straightforward to work with and there have been zero issues since.

Touch wood...