We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    Had a deeper look and it seems in a better stage than Shopkeeper at the moment. I would be happy to pay the small amount asked there if I would get upgrades and open wide discussion and development of TC.

I’m afraid just that many people in MODx community like free solutions and therefore Shopkeeper will have much more discussion and ideas how to improve in forums than TC as it’s for free and anybody can download it, try it, add extra features to it.

Or is it so that if I buy TC 1.1 then I can develop it to 1.2 and then spread it to the MODx community as a free version again?
    • If it’s a derivative of the original TC, it has to be GPL, since that’s the license of the original TC. It can be charged for, but once you get it you can do whatever you want with it.

/*
      TreasureChest v 1.0
      Copyright (c) 2007 Scotty Delicious
      http://www.scottydelicious.com

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
      it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
      the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
      (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
      GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
      along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
      */
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 697 Posts
        The sample page cart looks like it has CSS issues. Then there is the whole issue of browser compatibility. Not everyone uses IE8 for example.

@Photowebmax:

Hi,

Do you mean the "catalog page", the "product page" or the "detailed cart view in the Thickbox" ?

Which browser and version are you using ?
        Can you make a screenshot of the problem ?

From my tests, it was ok with MSIE 8, Opera 9.6 and Firefox 3.
        Excepted that the ciphered form is printed by Firefox when submiting the cart from within the Thickbox.
        Most probably is this due to an unrecognized Javascript setting. I’m working on this.

Please report any other graphical bug that you see.
        Concerning Firefox, non-graphical bugs are known and I’m working on them.

Thanks.
          • 1,161 Posts
          On the sample shopping page all the item boxes look like this with Safari 4.04 on the Mac:
            • 697 Posts
            @Photowebmax: Thanks a lot. That’s interesting.
            Seems that there’s not enough place for every elements and that floating elements overlap each other.

How wide is you screen and which is your resolution? (Mine is 15’’ and 768 x 1024)
            Does the problem occur on a mini laptop ?
              • 1,161 Posts
              I have two Macs but I was using a 15" MacBook Pro...
                • 697 Posts
                @Photowebmax: Thanks. I have some idea where the display problem could come from.
                In short: high screen resolution, element width in pixels and character size in points.
                I assume not enough size for character strings if your screen resolution is higher than 768x1024. Any idea about your screen resolution?
                  • 1,161 Posts
                  900 x 1440
                    • 697 Posts
                    @Photowebmax: Thanks. So, I’ll have to fix some sizes differently for resolutions higher than mine. As the templates of the demo are just one layout possibility amongst many others, I put priority on TreasureChest’s code. I’ll work on the templates later.
                      • 219 Posts
                      Hi,

I am fairly new Modx but am loving it so far!

I am thinking of purchasing this for an up coming project but I need to know wether I will have to pay for the future updates? i.e. if I purchase 1.1, will I have to buy 1.2, 1.3 etc or will you get free updates?

Also, has anyone reading this had any real life success with TreasureChest 1.0 or 1.1? Are there any major bugs, browser compatibility probs etc.. or is it genuinely a decent ecommerce solution that is relativly stress free and that works?

Thanks for any help or advice!
                        Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+