We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Hi Everbody,

I client asked me for a simple Web-Shop, which I havent done before. I just found out that there are (needlessly to say smiley) some solutions for a Modx.

The shop will be about:

• photographs (maximum 500), in categories
    • unique items,
    • and there is no need for complicate payment-features. Actually payment will be by "advanced payment"
    • we need a shopping cart, (needlessly to say i know)

What do You think which solution could be fitting this topics? Pro /Contra?

I already read about TreasureChest and KiweeCommerce, and I will go on with it, but some advice would be nice.

Thanks again to the amazing people of Modx

Nudibranch

PS: By the way, dear Dr. Scotty Delicious: is it possible to test TreasureChest before purchasing? And is paypal a must-be?

Smile, it confuses people!
    • I don’t think Kiwee ever made it to a stable release. You might also check out Foxycart.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Actually, if they don’t require a payment gateway it would be pretty easy to just use MODx documents and a simple cart setup. That’s originally what ShopX was supposed to be, just a way to use MODx for a catalog and keep track of what was being added to the cart.

Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 788 Posts
          I would imagine this could also be done with gCart and a little love from eForm.
            Jesse R.
            Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
            Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
            Donate now. Every contribution helps.
            • 113 Posts
            Thanks to everybody,

I will look into it and then I promise to come back with more questions.
            Im starting with Jesse laugh

@Jesse: Two short questions.

a) What is it you use for the zoom of your pictures,
            b) Whats the best way to get several items on one page? (Probably not a question related to gCart but to TVs, Chunks etc, but right now I dont know how, and i like your presentation on www.blueskyvineyard.com.

Good night, good luck (to me wink )

Nudibranch
              • 788 Posts
              Quote from: Nudibranch at Jan 21, 2008, 09:03 PM

a) What is it you use for the zoom of your pictures,

It is using highslide, and the pictures automatically have it applied utilizing the DirectResize plugin.
              http://modxcms.com/DirectResize-1802.html

Whats the best way to get several items on one page?
              I utilize Ditto for listing multiple items/documents. Each item has a set of TVs for price, weight, discount code, etc. Then I create a chunk with placeholders for these and an add to cart button to pass as a template to Ditto.
                Jesse R.
                Illinois Wine

• 113 Posts
                Hi Jesse,

I ’ve been through all the stuff here about gCart, and now I ’m trying it on my local machine.

Since Im not a code-girl I still have to ask you a few things.

As I already said, I dont need the Google Checkout, is it possible to remove it ?
                Im trying and searching for hour now, only with the "price-option" I get move products to the cart.
                With the quantity
                <input type="text" maxlength="3" name="gQuantity" id="gQuantity" class="field" value="1">

its not working for me.

Hmmm, what is my mistake?

• 788 Posts
                  Quote from: Nudibranch at Jan 22, 2008, 04:19 PM

Hi Jesse,

I ’ve been through all the stuff here about gCart, and now I ’m trying it on my local machine.

Since Im not a code-girl I still have to ask you a few things.

As I already said, I dont need the Google Checkout, is it possible to remove it ?
                  Im trying and searching for hour now, only with the "price-option" I get move products to the cart.
                  With the quantity
                  <input type="text" maxlength="3" name="gQuantity" id="gQuantity" class="field" value="1">

its not working for me.

Hmmm, what is my mistake?

To remove the google checkout, you would just not use the [+gButton+] placeholder in the template on the checkout page. I don’t know if I exactly understand your other question, care to ellaborate and provide me a link either here or by PM?
                    Jesse R.
                    Illinois Wine

• 113 Posts
                    Hi Jesse,

Quote from: Jesse at Jan 22, 2008, 05:18 PM

I don’t know if I exactly understand your other question, care to ellaborate and provide me a link either here or by PM?
                    Wow Wow Wow, it took me half an our to understand what that means "care to elaborate" undecided I guess its something like "try to understand and work it out carefully and systematically"?
                    (So I improve my english here as well laugh)

Anyway, I did much progress in understanding, but still I’m not getting products in my Cart if I chose the "AddRegularItem" for the product.
                    Unfortunatly, my testModx is installed local, so I cant send you an url-adress right now.

I go for a short holiday now- without internet - and when I come back with a free brain, I will try again. And if you are still here I will asked you more questions. huh

Untill then, thank you very much for input and nice work.

The Nudibranch, with big red tomatoes on her eyes (german slang, means: I cant see anything right now)
                      • 788 Posts
                      Make sure you check this out if you have not:

http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/GCart

Also, if you have trouble along the way following that, let me know and I will try to make the documentation better.
                        Jesse R.
                        Illinois Wine