We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 84 Posts
    Quote from: Taff at Sep 12, 2007, 12:07 PM

So you are still using the osCommerce backend, and just porting the output into a ModX template?

Yes, Taff.

I had to strip out much of the stuff from the application_top file of OsC to get it to work, so I made a new version just for this integration.

The OsC cart is running in parallell and is unaffectd by this integration.

The links I embed in the XML file opens up a new product detail window in the full OsC cart. This is a temporary solution. I plan to have all relevant product info in MODx.

BTW, the OsC session is not preserved into MODx, this could be a challenge to do but it would have to be resolved before full integration with the cart and customer data can be achieved.

Cheers,

Andreas
      • 42 Posts
      How did this turn out?
        The man, the myth
        • 84 Posts
        AndreasE,

My client is happily using this version and there has not been a need to develop it further. There is certainly room for improvement and OsC has also been upgraded to a version that runs on PHP 5 and does not require register_globals to be ON.

That said, I expect I will develop future carts using either Foxycart or the new TreasureChest project.

Cheers,

Andreas
          • 49 Posts
          Is there a BASE instalation avaliable for download?

Would be very keen to see about getting something installed and looking at how it works. I’ve got a number of clients heavely into OSC and linking up MODx would solve a number of problems.
            • 84 Posts
            @unclespencer

The only download available is the zip file linked in this thread.

I am sending you a PM with a link.

Cheers,

Andreas
              • 49 Posts
              GREAT thanks so much
                • 147 Posts
                Hey - really good job:)
                Is the checkout process also working and integrated into MODx template?
                  • 84 Posts
                  The checkout process it not fully implemented as I had no need for it when I did this. There is however support for checkout and many other OsC functions in the Crex API which is included. It would be up to you to create the snippets etc. that you need for this in modx.

Cheers,

Andreas
                    • 49 Posts
                    Any further information on this ... anyone else working on MODx & OsCommerce integration
                      • 249 Posts
                      After reviewing most of the forum posts regarding MODx and pseudo-compatible e-commerce solutions available, I’ve decided to start work on an osCommerce-MODx proxy.

Although templating an osCommerce installation can be a nightmare, osCommerce has so many add-ons, and can be customized in so many ways. OsCommerce may not be the greatest, and it’s definitely not the latest, but it’s been around for many years, is very stable, and has a huge following. I believe the effort will be well worth it, and intend on sharing the fruits of my labor with the MODx community once finished.
                        lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development