We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 36 Posts
    Thanks heliotrope, I already figured that one out. wink This snippet works great and will be used in a couple of projects I have lined up. Thanks for all your help!
      • 142 Posts
      This has a great set of features and I look forward to testing it out!!
        p i x e l p u s h e r e x t r o d i n a i r e
        A x i s A n i m a t i o n . c o m
        • 36 Posts
        Hi helio~

I see in the instructions you have a &cssStyle parameter. Where do I need to put the css files for it to use them?

Can I use css files for the [+tveSearchForm+] and [+tveDittoList+] placeholders?

Thanks!
          • 2,542 Posts
          Hi Krypto,

for this feature I’ve borrowed some code from eForm (thx to Tobyl )
          You can put your files wherever you want you, it can be a chunk, a modx document or a file
          If this is a file you have to write the path (relative or absolute)
          relative => assets/cssFolder/my.css
          absolute=>www.mydomain/ltd/assets/cssFolder/my.css

[+tve.SearchForm+] and [+tve.DittoList+] placeholders are used to display the rendered output.
          css style will be applied to them as any content in the page.

Hope that helps

:-)
            Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
            • 36 Posts
            Hi helio~

It’s me again undecided. Thanks for all your help thus far, it has been appreciated. I have a new question for you.

I tried creating a search form with two #RANGE elements in it. After I created the second one the first one disappeared. Is it possible two have two #RANGE elements in the search form? If so, how? Or am I doing something wrong? Here is my form template:

<form id="ponudaForm" action="[~[*id*]~]" method="get">
            <input type="hidden" name="id" value="[*id*]" />
            <table>
              <tr>
                <td>
                  <fieldset>
                    [+tve.Marka:filter->7+]
                  </fieldset>
                </td>
                <td>
                  <fieldset>
                    [+tve.Motor:filter->7+]
                  </fieldset>
                </td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td>
                  <fieldset>
                    [+tve.Cijena-eur:#RANGE{tvtype->dropdown:label->Cijena (EUR):elements->@Chunk interval:filter->4}+]
                  </fieldset>
                </td>
                <td>
                  <fieldset>
                    [+tve.Godina:#RANGE{tvtype->dropdown:label->Godina od:elements->@Chunk intervalGod:filter->6||tvtype->dropdown:label->do:elements->@Chunk intervalGod:filter->5}+]
                  </fieldset>
                </td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                <td>
                  <fieldset>
                    <input type="submit" name="search" value="Search" />
                  </fieldset>
                </td>
              </tr>
            </table>
            </form>

Thanks,
            krypto
              • 2,542 Posts
              Hi Krypto,

this is a known bug

here is a quick fix posted in tveditor thread. => http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,16455.msg109886.html#msg109886

I’m quite busy and have no time to finish the next release in which I’ve fixed this bug by rewrting some functions in the tveditor class

So please be patient

• 1,611 Posts
                I’ve started using tvEditor/tvExplorer a lot - thanks for all the work creating it!

I’ve got one issue that I haven’t been able to figure out. If I have a multi-select TV (e.g., "tags") and documents with one or more of these selected and I add a drop-down menu to the search form with a filter number of 9, the only documents that are returned are those with only that value selected (and no others). So for example if one document is tagged "Africa", "Asia", and also "Latin America" it does not show up in a search for any of these values. If it’s tagged with only one of these values, however, then it does appear in a search for that value.

I’ve tried other filter numbers, but none of those have worked either. I would’ve thought that the standard Ditto filter number 7 would work also, but nope. If I make the field a set of checkboxes, however, it does work. (EDIT: Not true. In fact I get a parse error...) Is there some conflict between the dropdown list form type and multi-select results? And if so, is there a way to work around this?
                  "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                  • 2,542 Posts
                  Hi Zap,

did you set the widget for this TV to delimited list with value "," ?
                  The 9 filter should work nicely in this case.

• 1,611 Posts
                    That was it! Thanks for setting me straight. I didn’t follow all of the directions from the beginning this time because I thought I knew what I was doing, but I skipped that one very important detail.
                      "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                      • 2,542 Posts
                      u’re welcome wink

I had a new version of tvexplorer but unfortnately I’ve lost in a HD crash.
                      I will try to get a new version in the month to be to increase performance and improve the quality code.
                      If you have any features request let me know.