We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    One thing I noticed --- so this script doesn’t need the value="[+valuehere+]" code in the input/etc. field? Nice...very nice (if I’m interpreting it correctly).

Except, obviously, in a hidden field, where I just put the text/etc. I want in the value field, like this...right?

<input type="hidden" name="efreg_avatar" id="efreg_avatar" eform="Avatar::1" value="default.png" />
    <input type="hidden" name="efreg_avatar_desc" id="efreg_avatar_desc" eform="AvatarDesc::1" value="No Avatar Selected" />
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 358 Posts
      That’s correct. At least I belive that’s the case wink
        • 925 Posts
        http://tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/mysymphonic/new_signup.php

I’m thinking it might need it, only because I just tried making an account, and it just refreshed the page w/out creating an account. I don’t have the string part in there, but I dunno if that would affect it at all.

EDIT: Weird...still no validation message showing up...

EDIT2: Here’s my code, in case I made an error somewhere...

[!eFreg? &wGroups=`Registered Users` &input_prefix=`efreg_` &otherTables=`web_user_mysymphonic: webuser: fullname, avatar, avatar_desc, mysh_member`!]
        [[eForm? &formid=`efregfrm` &tpl=`NewNewAccount` &noemail=`1` &eFormOnValidate=`efreg_validate` &eFormOnBeforeMailSent=`efreg_register`]]

<span style="color:#900;">[+validationmessage+]</span>

<form method="post" name="efregfrm" id="efregfrm" action="/[~[*id*]~]">
        <table border="0" cellpadding="2">
        <tr><td>
        	<table border="0" width="100%"><tr>
        		<td>LogIn Name</td>
        		<td><input type="text" name="efreg_username" id="efreg_username" eform="Username:string:1" class="inputBox" style="width:300px"  value="[+username+]" /></td>
        	</tr><tr>
        		<td>Display Name</td>
        		<td><input type="text" name="efreg_fullname" id="efreg_fullname" eform="Fullname:string:1" class="inputBox" style="width:300px" value="[+fullname+]" /></td>
        	</tr><tr>
        		<td>E-Mail Address</td>
        		<td><input type="text" name="efreg_email" id="efreg_email" eform="E-mail:e-mail:1" class="inputBox" style="width:300px"  value="[+email+]" /></td>
        	</tr><tr>
        		<td><input type="hidden" name="efreg_avatar" id="efreg_avatar" eform="Avatar::1" value="default.png" /><input type="hidden" name="efreg_avatar_desc" id="efreg_avatar_desc" eform="AvatarDesc::1" value="No Avatar Selected" /><input type="hidden" name="efreg_mysh_member" id="efreg_mysh_member" eform="mysh_member::1" value="mySymphonic Member" /></td>
        	</tr><tr>
        		<td>Password</td>
        		<td><input type="password" name="efreg_password" id="efreg_password" eform="Password:string:1:Must be at least 6 characters:#REGEX /^.{6,}$/" class="inputBox" style="width:300px" /></td>
        	</tr><tr>
        		<td>Retype Password   </td>
        		<td><input type="password" name="efreg_confirmpassword" id="efreg_confirmpassword" eform="Confirm Password:string:1" class="inputBox" style="width:300px" /></td>
        	</tr></table>
        </td></tr>
        	<tr>
        		<td align="right"><input type="submit" value="Create a mySymphonic account!" name="cmdwebsignup" /></td>
        	</tr>
        </table>

</form>

BTW, that / in front of the ID is due to having a Alias setting enabled. It’s what I did to get PPP to work.
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 4,213 Posts
          OT:

@Soshite, just wondering.. how many documents you have on that site? looks nice..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 358 Posts
            I’m note sure what the value="[+username+]" will do as there is no data for [+username+] when submitting?

You don’t get any validation messages at all?

Try filling in a invalid e-mail address like "hsdfjshgdf", try putting in non matching passwords, try using a to short password.

That should generate validation messages both from eForm and from eFreg, interresting to see if you get any error at all.

Ahh... try renaming "cmdwebsignup" (the submit button) to "cmd_signup". Start with that, I’m sure that’s is the problem. I use "if ($_POST[’cmd_signup’])" to check if it is a postback, that might not be too smart of me. At least I should have said something about it in the instructions. smiley

Well, this is version 0.1 beta! laugh
              • 925 Posts
              Quote from: doze at Jun 13, 2007, 02:21 PM

OT:

@Soshite, just wondering.. how many documents you have on that site? looks nice..

129, including that "test" page for the script (plus a lot of different plugins, modules, etc.). smiley

EDIT: No validation message, and no web user created. x_x

Hmm...that’s odd. In the normal WebSignup, I didn’t need the / in front of the action="". Albeit, I think that’s because it uses action instead of id.

In any case, I think the issue here is that, somehow, the data isn’t getting parsed by efreg.inc.php, so it’s not knowing where to go, hence why I’m getting no validation messages. Lawl, watch this be a small bit of code that’s messing this up (like in my template or something). tongue

EDIT2: By any chance, is there supposed to be a call to which lang file it uses (since I see two there)?
                My Snippets
                -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                • 358 Posts
                Strange that you get no validation message at all. I can’t easily see the problem, but I don’t think it has to do with eFreg as you don’t get any validation error from eForm either. eFreg dosn’t change anyting in eForm, so at a minimum you should get an e-mail error from eForm if entering an invalid e-mail address as suggested in my earlier post.

Language doesn’t need to be specified, English is default.

I’ll have a closer look tomorrow. Now sleeeep! smiley
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  Have you tried calling eForm uncached? or is the document uncached?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                    • 925 Posts
                    Quote from: doze at Jun 13, 2007, 10:19 PM

Have you tried calling eForm uncached? or is the document uncached?

IIRC, I had the !! codes around it.

Also, the normal signup form works fine, so I dunno what’s not working...

(Oddly enough, the validation messages appear on the Account Info editor once you’re logged in via WebLogin. I’m gonna test some stuff out tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. smiley )
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                      • 358 Posts
                      Try the form without any call to eFreg to see if you get any validation message from eForm. That would at least rule out eFreg as the cause of the problem and may narrow down the problem.