We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 258 Posts
    Quote from: Devin at Feb 23, 2007, 12:22 AM

550 Can’t change directory to /public_html/assets/cache s-: No such file or directory
    NOOP
    200 Zzz...
    NOOP
    200 Zzz...
    s-
    [glow=red,2,300]500 ?[/glow]
    NOOP
    200 Zzz...
    ls -l
    [glow=red,2,300][/glow]500 Unknown command
    Is -|
    [glow=red,2,300]500 Unknown command[/glow]
    Is -
    s-
    S-
    S -

Devin,

These commands are the output from FTP which most certainly isn’t what’s needed here. Can you ssh into the server?
      • 21 Posts
      You lost me.. =\

What’s SSH?

( Damn, I feel really retarded all the sudden.. e.e )

Is that the actual host allowing you access into your site?
        Devin
        Webmaster - http://demon-devin.net/
        • 1,611 Posts
        SSH is a protocol for logging into your server via a shell (command line) interface. If you’re not familiar with doing this, then you may also be able to set permissions using your FTP program (I do this all the time). How did you set your permissions when you installed MODx?

The error you’re receiving says that the cache folder does not exist on your server. If you uploaded it, then it should exist. You should also be able to view a listing of the assets directory via your FTP program and see if the cache folder exists.

If it does exist, and it does have the correct permissions, but you can’t open it, then you probably should contact your server admins because that to me would indicate disk or permission corruption.
          "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
          • 21 Posts
          Thanks Zap. You’ve actually help me some. I’ll go hash it out with my host.

This whole time I’m getting a run around. Jesus Christ. Now you’ve sown my eyes shut..

=)
            Devin
            • 21 Posts
            2. The permissions on some of the folders or files are 777 or 666. If this is the case, change them to either 755 or 644 in Cpanel’s File Manager (or using your local FTP client).

3. The files and/or folders are not owned by you. Certain applications having been run under php as an apache module may have files owned by the apache user of nobody. An indication that you don’t own the files would be if you are unable to change their file permissions. To correct this, please contact support provide your username and the last 4 digits of your credit card on file with us for ownership verification (no charges apply) and provide the location of the folder or files that need to have your ownership.

Lol. I’m on it, thanks guys.

=)
              Devin
              • 4,213 Posts
              Umm... are you sending those commands to your FTP server by a FTP client?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind this post, did not see the latest replies

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • 502 Posts
                ls -l is a shell command but it looks like you are using ftp or sftp.

Andy
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  If your server is running phpsuexec or suphp, the maximum chmod values are 644 for files and 755 fro directories. You can get more information about this here.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                    • 1,611 Posts
                    Quote from: doze at Feb 23, 2007, 11:10 PM

If your server is running phpsuexec or suphp, the maximum chmod values are 644 for files and 755 fro directories. You can get more information about this here.
                    I was just looking for info on that possibility myself... You’re too quick for me. This is where people providing a complete and clear description of their setup makes all the difference.
                      "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                      • 21 Posts
                      Make sure you let everyone know that this stuff’s Case Sensitive... rolleyes

When I uploaded the files they were switched to sitecache.idx.php instead of siteCache.idx.php

Go figure.

kiss
                        Devin