We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    This is still a problem for me. (Although the original poster found a workaround.)

For a new install, I get the error "Checking table prefix ``: Failed! - Table prefix does not exist in this database!" even though my prefix is null (no characters typed into the prefix field.)

I tried the fix posted above (add = sign to line 152 of action.summary.php.) but I’m still getting the error.

Any other ideas?
      • 21 Posts
      it may be significant to mention that my database name has an underscore as dictated by my ISP.

for example: database name: bob_cms
        • 21 Posts
        I tried using the New Installation option rather than Advanced Upgrade Install and it works just fine.
          • 3 Posts
          Quote from: OpenGeek at Jun 12, 2007, 02:33 PM

Nice catch ublix -- this is being committed for 0.9.6.1 release... http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/894

Did you see the exact same error in line 161?
          I have been messing around the this install for a long time now, and finally found this forum.
          I corrected the error in line 152... and it still didn’t work.
          Then I saw that there was one "=" missing as well in line 161... did you see that?
            • 1 Posts
            Thanks for your support so far; i too had the table prefix error. However, since i have fixed the error on given line in the settings file; another error occurred. After clicking the -install- button, a new screen appears displaying various tasks . It stops with the reported creation of the database tables, but mySQL doesn’t display any tables present in the given db.

any suggestions?
            thanks
              • 24,544 Posts
              Quote from: fruitwerks at Aug 14, 2007, 04:54 PM

btw - I just need the vericode / capcha snippet.. know where I can find it?
              Thanks

OT, but:

\manager\includes\veriword.php

If you just "include" that file in a snippet, it will put the vericode on the screen and put the string to check user input against in a _SESSION variable.

I’m pretty sure you can also turn vericode on with an eForm snippet parameter and have it all work automagically but I’ve never done it.

Bob

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting