We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at Mar 01, 2006, 02:37 PM

Thanks so much hightman, expect to see this in our next release!

Do you think it would make sense to start a Chinese community forum section similar to the one we have currently for the French community?

good!

Chinese is a multi-bytes language, it has many special requirement to the software.
    Such as the minumum font-size must not < 12px, and Search Engine need word segment by dictionary... etc.

This is the latest version, some errors were fixed.
      • 9 Posts
      Hello,
      I would like to work on Slovak translation. I don’t understand why the translation system is forum-based and so complicated. Why don’t you just allow translators to have an access to the version control system (CVS, Subversion or another system you use)? It would be easier to update a translation file directly in the project repository and check all updates of original (English) translation file via CVS/SVN client.
      • We’re going to move our subversion repository to Sourceforge and things like this will be much easeir in the relatively near future. Thanks for everyone’s work and suggestions!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 56 Posts
          I would like to work on "Filipino" sub forum, currently we are 3 right now who is enjoying the beauty & simplicity
          of modx we would like to be part of it!

Thanks!

Regards,

JDAM
            "Web identity solutions bridge humanities and technologies for a better future!" - J. Abenaza
            http://www.jdam.us
            • 23 Posts
            Hi,

I would like to translate modx to Persian (farsi), i’ve looked into the "translation template file", and it seems easy to do translation.

Can you create a sub-category to see if there are other people interested in translating modx in persian ?
            Also, since persian is write from right to left (like arabic), would it be a problem for modx ?
            thanks
              • 4 Posts
              Hello to all, in a few days i will translate modx to serbian language smiley

Greetings from Sabac, Serbia
              • I think there will be a new cleaned translation template soon... Paul?
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 1,097 Posts
                  Yes. A number of unused language definitions have been removed. A couple of errors have been fixed.

I will be supplying a cleaned up version of each existing language later today.

I have a routine that takes an existing language file and creates a new one with just the definitions that are needed for 0.9.5. Where there is no translation, the English sentence is used. This means that translators just need to go through the file and translate anything that is in English.

I will be using the language files from the current 0.9.5 beta. If you have an updated or new language file that is not already in the 0.9.5 beta then please send it to me so that I can use it to create a cleaned-up version.

If you are starting a new language, you can use the attached English file as your template. (renamed to .txt so I can upload it here).
                    No, I don&#39;t know what OpenGeek&#39;s saying half the time either.
                    MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                    Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                    Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                    Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                    MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                    • 180 Posts
                    Paul, there seems to be several phrases missing in this file. It’s difficult to tell which one’s are missing and and which one’s are removed on purpose. For example - all the phrases beginning with "DM_" relating to the DocumentManager are missing and I can’t believe that was intended... wink

The old, unsorted file (the one presently in SVN), have the exact same amount of lines as in my translated file. However, with the new, sorted, file I get a difference of 261 lines including the above mentioned.
                    • all the phrases beginning with "DM_" relating to the DocumentManager are missing and I can’t believe that was intended...
                      Actually, it is intended smiley The DocManager language strings are now separate and stored in /assets/module/docmanager/lang/ folder.

Basically, we discussed it in the team and it was decided that it would be better to have them separate, so if somebody doesn’t install the DocManager (why they’d do that, I’ll never know tongue) they don’t have the bloat of the main language file storing all those unused strings.

So, if all the translators would be so kind to translate the DocManager language file as well that’d be great grin You can use the English language file for DocManager from 0.9.5 beta 3 or above to do the translations.

Thanks!

Garry Nutting
                        Senior Developer
                        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                        Twitter: @garryn
                        Web: modx.com

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.