We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Apparently, MooTools and Ext can pretty much be used side by side. However, what’s missing is some cohesion between the two. To address this, a Mootools Ext Adaptor is being developed (http://www.joomlicious.com/ext-mootools-adapter/). If it works well then this could very well be the icing on the cake. smiley
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 4,213 Posts
      Quote from: rthrash at May 01, 2007, 01:40 PM

Take a peek at their roadmap for more insight into their plans: http://dev.mootools.net/roadmap
      lol, the 1.3 milestone looks fun..

• Mootools Plugin to uninstall internet explorer from any machine whithin network range
      • moving back to procedural programming

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 7,075 Posts
        Funny I just noticed the very same thing grin

I’d love it, remotely being able to uninstall IE, what a dream !

lol
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 75 Posts
          Yeah, right not it´s kind of the opposite. 5.5, 6.x and 7.0 at the same time.
            • 16 Posts
            I want jQUERY
            jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY jQUERY
            • Sony, nothing keeps you from using jQuery in MODx. smiley
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 75 Posts
                Acctually, i had my first collition yesterday.

Mootools and jquery had the same function that collided, so i thought id use jquerys compatability switch, but the plugin relied on using the standard way, so, eather rebuilt the plugin or find some mootools option. Spent 2 hours trying to find a mootools way of doing the same thing, ended up asking for it on the forums, got a RTFM and a UTS (Use The Search) got the thread closed. I only needed an Jquery portlets alternative for mootools!

I Want Jquery!

I think it´s wrong to assume that jquery is not for developers,
                as Drupal has adapted it as the main tool. And to say that drupal people
                are not real developers, are like spitting in alot of faces tongue

Also, Jquery is already compatible with YUI EXT.
                Why try to reinvent the wheel?
                • Quote from: beryl at Mar 09, 2008, 06:13 PM

Mootools and jquery had the same function that collided, so i thought id use jquerys compatability switch, but the plugin relied on using the standard way, so, eather rebuilt the plugin or find some mootools option. Spent 2 hours trying to find a mootools way of doing the same thing, ended up asking for it on the forums, got a RTFM and a UTS (Use The Search) got the thread closed. I only needed an Jquery portlets alternative for mootools!

I Want Jquery!

I think it´s wrong to assume that jquery is not for developers,
                  as Drupal has adapted it as the main tool. And to say that drupal people
                  are not real developers, are like spitting in alot of faces tongue

Also, Jquery is already compatible with YUI EXT.
                  Why try to reinvent the wheel?
                  Who’s assuming JQuery isn’t for developers? The Drupal thing is debatable but regardless, we don’t just adopt things because others do; in fact we’re successful because we tend not to do that. And what wheel is being reinvented here again (was this in response to another part of the thread I missed)?

As we keep saying over and over, use whatever javascript libraries you want to in your MODx sites. MODx forces no javascript library usage upon your sites (or if it does it soon won’t), so why this discussion continues, I do not comprehend at all. My advice is, always be aware to choose or develop add-ons that use compatible javascript libraries when they are going to share a place in your site.
                    • 99 Posts
                    Whether the definitive solution, what is library accepted: mootools or JQuery will be in version 0.9.7?

My search by link
                    http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/search/modx/?searchAllDirs=true&comment=&contents=&filename=jquery&branch=&tag=&fromdate=&todate=&groupby=changeset&refresh=y
                    says, that JQuery is present at structure of directories of 0.9.7.
                    • I’ll try this one more time.

There is not going to be a definitive "javascript" solution in MODx. That is to say MODx is a CMS, and javascript libraries are javascript libraries. If you are asking what javascript solution did we use to create the new "reference" manager template that will be included with MODx 0.9.7, it’s neither mootools nor jQuery. It’s ExtJS 2.0. And it’s being rendered by Smarty rather than the MODx templating engine; another example of how MODx helps integrate best-of-breed tools that you bring to it. At MODx it’s not just our way or the highway.

And besides, this has absolutely nothing to do with what javascript libraries you choose to deploy with the site you build via our "reference" manager interface provided with the core. There should be no dependencies between the core and any particular library outside of this manager template, and if there are still, they will be removed as soon as they are identified and appropriate resolutions are explored. Other manager interfaces can and will be developed; these can choose their own javascript solutions or none at all (e.g. some one has proposed a javascript-free manager interface project that could offer compliance with emerging accessibility standards).

MODx was meant to provide a PHP framework with which to develop and maintain web sites based on emerging web-standards, and we will not be anchoring the product to any particular libraries or frameworks. Rather, we will be finding ways to utilize a variety of 3rd-party libraries and tools to continue making MODx easier to extend and customize to individual needs, without hacking the core.