We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 144 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for Error 404 Logger.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Plugin logs requests that trigger an "Page not found" error. Module lets you browse and manage logs.
    It's an easy way to see, which files or other resources are missing on your system without having to dig into webserver logs.
      • 576 Posts
      Excellent addition! I’ll be using this on my sites.
        • 333 Posts
        Thanks! Nice module wink
          Sorry for my bad English grin
          • 198 Posts
          just tried the module, very simple to install and to use, perfect! keep it simple!
            Pure MODx sites
            Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
            • 144 Posts
            Relese 0.03 is available. A few style changes, a typo correction and added url encoding when passing URLs as parameters.
              • 1,842 Posts
              Nice module ! Easy to install... works fine. Thanks a lot wink
                • 5 Posts
                Yesterday I installed the module on one of my sites.
                It works great.

It’s supposed to be an easy way to see which files or other resources are missing on your system without having to dig into webserver logs.
                When I looked at the module in a real operational site I saw that most (90%) of the 404 errors are from missing favicon.ico or robots.txt. You know some browsers request favicon.ico (and the search engines looks for robots.txt) by default and this fills the module with unnecessary info - making it again hard to spot real 404 errors.

So I suggest an option to be added for filtering some files or file extensions (the manager/administrator should be able to enter the filter he wants).

• 2,310 Posts
                  I’m getting this error reported via the Reports=>System Events each time I access the module
                  Event Id:  	1 
                  Source:  	Error 404 Logger - Module  
                  Date: 	18-Jan-2008 04:07 PM 	
                  User: 	admin
                  Undefined index: tab

The module is working great, what an eye opener!
                  Any ideas?

David
                    • 203 Posts
                    This is working fine for me. smiley

What are people using to redirect those errors to the right pages?
                      • 198 Posts
                      Doesnt seem to work any longer with 0.9.6.2-rc2
                        Pure MODx sites
                        Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx