We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Great work!

I will work on a few of the To Dos (moving stuff into README, etc), and will clean up the .TPL, and prepare an RC3 release...if I get a chance, I may release an interim FullScreen-bugs Fix as they pertain to MODx Manager... until EA 0.6.4+ corrects out of the box, possibly a type of event handler for EditArea/MODx-Specific compatibility issues, et..
      Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart

To replicate: (Ensure the Document Tree is ’visible’), Toggle Full Screen ’On’, then Hide the Document Tree...

You may find, as in my case, that the EditArea window adjusts-up, slightly behind the menu/frame above it. Revealing the Document Tree corrects this (allowing you access to the EditArea toolbar so you can toggle Full Screen ’Off’, if needed)

More to come soon smiley (Not bugs, though...)
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
        also could you like add a loading or working sign when editarea is loading

because it locks the browser and more than once I’ve thought that firefox froze when it really just wasn’t done loading edit area

at least i think that’s what it is... feel free to correct me and tell me to be quite if I am wrong grin
          call it ModSeX o yeah smiley

check us out and we need help Upscale Webservices http://www.upscalews.com/
        • Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 18, 2007, 06:50 AM

Sorry no progress on RC3 undecided ...Turns out I found another bug with Full Screen/MODx manager...

To replicate: (Ensure the Document Tree is ’visible’), Toggle Full Screen ’On’, then Hide the Document Tree...
          I have also detected this problem, and this one which is nearly the same : "Hide the Document Tree, Toggle Full Screen ’On’, Show the Document Tree..." Now EditArea is too large wink But no time this week to search for a solution...
            Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
          • Quote from: williscool at Jan 18, 2007, 07:47 AM

also could you like add a loading or working sign when editarea is loading
            I agree, that would be nice. We will add this suggestion in the Todo list...
              Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
              • 194 Posts
              thanks pixelchutes. this is very cool smiley
                • 209 Posts
                I downloaded the 0.2 RC2 (is it the last?) and I use MODx 0.9.5

the plugin code has a <? in the top, but no ?> in the bottom... anyway, the modx plugin parser seems not to like those tags, you should remove them (am I the only one that found this problem?)

anyway... beautiful snippet!!!

ah... there’s a strange behaviour with brackets highlighting... usually some highlight parenteses appears where there is NO parentesis at all
                  Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
                • @madmage,

Yes, you’re on the most recent. You may have been the first to bring it up, but I have noticed the <?, which is my fault as I use it to enable Syntax Highlighting within my text editor program. My bad. wink *fixed*

As for bugs specific to the editor, we may have to wait until the original author or Gildas/I have time to assist.

Stay tuned, more happening around this plugin soon...

Get the Plugin!

NOTE: I will also be updating the very first post in this thread to keep most recent versions/publish dates current!

[*]The ability to Save your documents via the EditArea toolbar has been added!
                      Full Screen can be On or Off!

Updated files:
                      [*] EditArea Plugin code
                      [*] New modx_functions.js file
                      [*] New reg_syntax/text.js file

NOTE: You’ll probably want to remove your /assets/plugins/edit_area folder and replace with /assets/plugins/edit_area from the .zip archive, as directory structures have changed! wink

Get the Plugin!