We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: grunt_lord at Jan 10, 2007, 02:24 AM

I was looking exactly for this feature for a long time! Thanks a lot for that man it’s really great and nicely working. Good tool for the admins! except for the known bugs and a weird visual bug when copy/pasting, i don’t have anything to say excepted : "wow! it’s finally there!".
    Could you describe me this "weird visual bug" when copy/pasting ? I’ve such a problem with CodePress but not with EditArea !?

Quote from: grunt_lord at Jan 10, 2007, 02:24 AM

I also got two ideas for a future release :

1- I often use the file manager to edit some CSS documents and PHP files. It would be great to have EditArea in the file manager highlighting the files depending on the file type. I don’t know if the event system let you do this, but it would be really usefull to have HTML, PHP and CSS highlighting (and maybe XML too... I don’t use it but maybe some people do!)

2- I guess this one would require to modify the EditArea code directly, but adding highlighting to MODx tags in HTML mode would be a great even if not necessary
    Great ideas ! I’ll add these in the "Todo List"...
      Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
    • Quote from: grunt_lord at Jan 10, 2007, 02:24 AM

1- I often use the file manager to edit some CSS documents and PHP files. It would be great to have EditArea in the file manager highlighting the files depending on the file type. I don’t know if the event system let you do this, but it would be really usefull to have HTML, PHP and CSS highlighting (and maybe XML too... I don’t use it but maybe some people do!)

I agree, that would be nice.

Quote from: grunt_lord at Jan 10, 2007, 02:24 AM

2- I guess this one would require to modify the EditArea code directly, but adding highlighting to MODx tags in HTML mode would be a great even if not necessary

Nice thinking! Actually, I believe there’s an included RegEx definition file (not completely sure) that is used for all the pattern matching, etc. Would definitely be nice to copy/reference some of the MODx core regex’s to accomplish this task. Ideally, MODx-Tags would highlight regardless of EditArea defined syntax (i.e. PHP, HTML, etc.)

P.S.
      XML is Definitely used, and should be included wink
        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
          [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
          Quote from: Gildas at Jan 10, 2007, 06:56 AM

Could you describe me this "weird visual bug" when copy/pasting ? I’ve such a problem with CodePress but not with EditArea !?

I hit CTRL+C and after that, the highlighted line was not perfectly in place with the original line... don’t know how to describe it. if it happen again, I’ll take a screenshot. An other bug I often encounter are the scroll bars that disapear. I have to make it go full screen and back to normal to have it bak again.

Thanks a lot!

Blaise
            Blaise Bernier

www.medialdesign.com - Solutions for small business, hosting, design and more!
          • Quote from: grunt_lord at Jan 12, 2007, 12:52 AM

Quote from: Gildas at Jan 10, 2007, 06:56 AM

I hit CTRL+C and after that, the highlighted line was not perfectly in place with the original line... don’t know how to describe it. if it happen again, I’ll take a screenshot. An other bug I often encounter are the scroll bars that disappear. I have to make it go full screen and back to normal to have it bak again.

Thanks a lot!

Blaise

@Blaise,

Yep, the full screen bug is documented in the release. I wouldn’t have even made this release, but I really like the full screen aspect within MODx and my document tree hidden smiley Really nice...the fact that it doesn’t completely DISABLE your ability to work is good. Also, there were a few other additions that I thought the community would appreciate. As for the scroll bug, I’ve contacted the author and am too busy now to correct it myself...unfortunately.

I, too, have seen a few quirks here and there regarding bracket-matching (showing up when they’re actually gone!, highlighting, etc)...but, you can sometimes "Toggle" and re-"Toggle" editor to fix it... These are all minimal, IMO, because I’ll take a little visual-quirk (very seldom) in place of the default, blank TEXTAREA wink

We can only IMPROVE from this point forward laugh
            • Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 11, 2007, 07:00 PM

New version of the plugin has been added! [Plugin] EditArea 0.2 RC2 - EditArea v0.6.4 Enjoy! wink
              Nice ! It’s now time to merge wink So, you’ll find attached the 0.2RC3 version. This version is a merge from my 0.1.7 and the 0.2RC2. The main improvements in this version are :

• Add support for CSS, JS & XML syntax in documents (cf. contentType)
              • Add support for EditArea in FileManager (Need a little hack in footer.inc.php. See @install)

Edit : We have released the RC4 version
                Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
              • Has this been tested enough to merit a repository release? wink I can facilitate...if desired. Testing now

• Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 12, 2007, 09:16 PM

Has this been tested enough to merit a repository release? wink I can facilitate...if desired. Testing now
                  Feel free to add this version in the repository... if your tests succeed wink
                  • Quote from: Gildas at Jan 12, 2007, 09:21 PM

Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 12, 2007, 09:16 PM

Has this been tested enough to merit a repository release? wink I can facilitate...if desired. Testing now
                    Feel free to add this version in the repository... if your tests succeed wink

- I like the new config. options! Good work. What if I prefer Tabs over spaces? (which I do...) Possibly we leave that in place (commented out for distribution??)

- The install instructions have been changed back? (e.g. Download EditArea from http:// ...)
                    Understanding that we are providing a mash-up between EditArea/MODx, a primary reason made into a repository release was so that the user could download in one place, know that the code is current AND tested (for that release), etc. and quickly upload, then update the plugin.

- I like EditArea in FileManager, it is nice... Too bad we have to Hack (but good thing it is optional)

- CSS/JS highlighting + more! Awesome stuff...
                    • Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 12, 2007, 09:23 PM

- I like the new config. options! Good work. What if I prefer Tabs over spaces? (which I do...) Possibly we leave that in place (commented out for distribution??)
                      Indeed, I plan to add this as a configuration parameter for a future release...

Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 12, 2007, 09:23 PM

- The install instructions have been changed back? (e.g. Download EditArea from http:// ...)
                      Understanding that we are providing a mash-up between EditArea/MODx, a primary reason made into a repository release was so that the user could download in one place, know that the code is current AND tested (for that release), etc. and quickly upload, then update the plugin.
                      You are right... You can remove the two first steps in @install.

Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 12, 2007, 09:23 PM

- I like EditArea in FileManager, it is nice... Too bad we have to Hack (but good thing it is optional)
                      Just 3 lines in one file... But I’m agree this is a hack wink I put a "Feature Request" in Flyspray (http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/754), So we just have to wait...