We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hello @ all!
    For a long time and over many versions, Modx Evo was my favorite CMS. Now ModxEvo has been converted to Evolution CMS. The last versions up to the current 1.4.8 are running as expected and good.

Unfortunately, the information and presentation of Evolution CMS has changed a lot.
    The site evo.im is not up to date! A documentation is no longer online!
    The system is now maintained by Russian developers, almost all information can only be found in Russian! See: docs.evo.im

Even at "github.com/evolution-cms/evolution/issues" many topics are only answered in Russian - the English-speaking international users can no longer work with the system as before.

For me Evolutuion CMS is unfortunately on a bad way and I think Modx Revo remains as the best solution to continue to work with this wonderfully flexible system.

Unfortunately, there is no information from the development team whether the system will be completely international again...
      • 1,154 Posts
      Yes so far there is no bridge between the Russian Modx community and the western/english community. There are quite a few strong extras for Revo that also have extremely little EN documentation.
        • 153 Posts
        +1
          • 953 Posts
          Without the Russian community Evo would have long been dead - so, think about it that way

Your comment that English speakers cant use the system is wrong

If you are an English speaker with a problem, the Russian developers answer in English

Documentation is like everything - translate it and you have it in your language, Google can help you here as well as the developers

Putting the sole burden on the developers is false, its a community project, not a company project

• 7 Posts
            your approach is not correct. Modx was always designed for international use, ie linguistically on the standard english. If the community now proceeds to publish in Russian (also in code), the international use is lost.

I am also not an English-speaking user, but can handle it. To expect the user could indeed with Google translate everything necessary is clearly too short thought. That is not practical.

Just as little is it useful for the community already discussed and solved problems to address again only because the user due to the language version can not recognize that the topic has already been edited and possibly solved.

You would certainly not know a CMS for example from Asia and in Asian language, since you would never have met it due to the lack of international language.

Everyone who wants to get to know Evolution CMS is dependent on an international standard. I do not think the new user will spend a lot of time translating first to find out what it is all about. There are enough more easily accessible alternatives.

I think the community should be given this great project international orientation!

It is certainly not a problem to ask users (for example on github) to write their requests in English, and of course all already existing English Docs should be quickly available again ...

(translation by google ;-) )
              • 7 Posts
              I just checked evo.im again ...
              A new english documentation is online now and can be accessed via the website.
              Excellent! smiley
                • 953 Posts
                Have you personaly helped bring Evo forward in any form whatsoever, since the LLC dropped it ?

All that you have posted here has already been discussed in the Evo GitHub, it's nothing new.

If you want the international side of Evo to prosper, don't moan, help.
                  • 153 Posts
                  Your comment, iusemodx, is unfair.

If I understand you, if I want internationnal version and if I want to explain my opinion, I just do. But if I don't have the level to help, I just shut up my mouth? I don't know how to use GitHub, so I guess you don't care. Too bad for me.

My opinion is that if we want Evo to grow up again, we have to look internationally. English speaking. Also with respect for actually international users (German, French, Finnish, etc.). We love Evo and we want it to be better known.

Best regards.

A French user.
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    I think you all are very correct in some way.

But in a nutshell, look at it this strange alternative way:
                    It's like going to Expression Engine Forum and querying that they have no docs in Mandarin about Drupal.
                    Or asking WordPress about docs and things concerning Ghost CMS https://ghost.org/vs/wordpress/

MODX Revo and EvolutionCMS (MODX Evo does not exist sad ) are [now] two distinct things. And both depend heavily on whoever is in charge or doing most of the work or has interest in contributing.

If MODX Revo tomorrow is taken over by the Japanese, oh well, they are not going to waste much of their limited time on the English side of things. Japanese first!
                    Think countryfish, nativefish, not selfish

Imagine how many Russians and Germans and Portuguese etc have had massive difficulty in using Revo Extras because of no native docs and bad google translations etc? Life is like that ...

The only solution is for us to swallow the yet-to-be-invented Babel pill, then, we'd speak and read all sorts of languages without discretion.
                      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                    • Good day. Evolution cms will be in English. Now I actively pull up knowledge of the english language.

Evo.im soon will live. I want do multilang site with main English lang.

Yes big part of community is Russian, but we are open for all.

I am also working on a video course on evolution cms 2.0, the truth is still in Russian, but I have plans to voice it in English.

Now best place for talk about Evo on English:

https://github.com/evolution-cms/evolution/issues
                      And
                      https://evocmf.slack.com

http://modx.im - Russian community
                        http://extras.evolution-cms.com - Repository for Evolution