We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    I have the latest version of UpgradeMODX and the site is running with php 5.6
      • 24,544 Posts
      There's a known problem with PHP 5 and UGM. The next version should fix it and might solve your problem, though the problem doesn't usually give your symptoms.

If you want to try the fix, edit this file

\core\components\upgrademodx\processors\ugmprocessor.class.php

Change this line:

public $logFilePath = MODX_CORE_PATH . 'cache/logs/upgrademodx.log';

to this:

public $logFilePath = '';

Then add this line in the init() function around line 52, just above the if ($this->devMode line):

$this->logFilePath = $this->corePath . 'cache/logs/upgrademodx.log'; // add this line
              if ($this->devMode) {
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 21 Posts
        It's php Version 5.6 and I'm using the latest version of UpgradeMODX.

Strange thing: in Version 2.5.0 the widget worked and I upgraded to 2.6.0 but in Version 2.6.0
        Fehler: Versions Empty - check github_username and github_token System Settings
        again?
        Good night
          • 21 Posts
          Hi BobRay,

finally I did it to 2.6.5 manually. Another strange thing: first login in manager 2.6.5 the upgrade widget told me, that I'm running the latest version - it worked. Next login same error as before…

I checking with my friend to change PHP to version 7, maybe that solves the problem.

• 24,544 Posts
            Did you make that fix to UpgradeMODX I suggested above?

[update] Never mind, that fix is incorrect. Wait for the next release. [ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 5 years, 5 months ago.]
              My MODX Extras
              • 21 Posts
              I haven't tried yet, too happy to have it done to 2.6.5

Anyway I wait for the update and little joke, just logged in - at the moment it works ;-)

Thank you very much anyway
                • 230 Posts
                Hello BobRay,
                i have the same problem.
                I try to delete ugm_github_token and ugm_github_username but the error persit
                Errore: Versions Empty - check github_username and github_token System Settings

I looked at upgrademodx.class.php and the error back from upgradeAvailable function
                (simply, change the error message)

Response it's ok but the version object is empty

[2018-11-30 12:48:24] (ERROR @ C:\wamp64\www\xxx\core\components\upgrademodx\model\upgrademodx\upgrademodx.class.php : 500) OBJECT: Array
                (
                )
                Is it possible that the error is in wamp? [ed. note: c mabol last edited this post 5 years, 4 months ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  What version of PHP are you running?
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 416 Posts
                    I'm getting this error from Upgrade Modx:
                    Versions Empty - check github_username and github_token System Settings

And this one from Updater:
                    Can not determine latest version on github. Nevertheless, your current version is v2.6.5-pl

Both errors are appearing on the dashboard widgets. There are no related errors in the modx error log.

So here's the weird part of this. My client has two sites on two new servers. These servers were recently setup. After the first server was configured, the second server was cloned. So it should be the exact same setup. However, The errors are appearing the the first server, but not on the second server.

The server admin has been scouring these two servers to determine what's different from one to the other but hasn't found anything yet. I've looked through all the system settings that I can think of related to this and they are identical. I also reviewed the Modx server info and php info reports, they appear to be identical as well.

Modx 2.6.5 was installed on both servers. I actually used the widgets to upgrade one of them to 2.7.0, but the other is still sitting at 2.6.5 because the widget's not working.

Both servers are PHP 7.1.8

Thoughts?
                      • 230 Posts
                      Quote from: BobRay at Nov 30, 2018, 06:08 PM
                      What version of PHP are you running?
                      Sorry:
                      php 7.0.32
                      Modx :2.6.5 and after 2.7.0 with the same problem