We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 217 Posts
    Version 2.1.5 doesnt support dashboard so Upgrademodx extra doesnt work...
      • 1,572 Posts
      I changed all the path inlcuding .htaccess

Where did you make the changes ? IE what files ?

You need to update the paths in the following config.core.php files

root
      manager
      connectors
      core/config

Also delete everying in your core/cache folder
        • 217 Posts
        Quote from: paulp at Sep 27, 2018, 07:19 AM
        I changed all the path inlcuding .htaccess

Where did you make the changes ? IE what files ?

You need to update the paths in the following config.core.php files

root
        manager
        connectors
        core/config

Also delete everying in your core/cache folder
        I did all that...
          • 217 Posts
          I have sam result on two different sites when trying to upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.2.0 there is just new menu rest of page is blank.
            • 217 Posts
            I laso tried to install upgrademodx on site with version 2.2.4 but no widget is shown on dashboard
            UPDATE: Ok , I managed to show it via resource.
            It offered me to upgrade from 2.1.5 directly to 2.6.5 and after installation it endup with php error (probably missing table in database)
            Anyway after upgrade to 2.6.5 via this extra i have the same problem, only menu is showing... and links are not responding... [ed. note: kudykam last edited this post 5 years, 7 months ago.]
              • 1,572 Posts
              Have you tried setting compress_js and compress_css to 0 via phpmyadmin ?
                • 217 Posts
                Quote from: paulp at Sep 27, 2018, 12:46 PM
                Have you tried setting compress_js and compress_css to 0 via phpmyadmin ?
                yes i did
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Check this out: https://bobsguides.com/blog.html/2016/06/27/missing-db-fields-(unknown-column)/.

Also, try deleting all files in the core/cache directory, then visit the site with your browser in private or incognito mode.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 217 Posts
                    I removed old Analytics extra and now I am able to upgrade to 2.2.0
                    I continued to upgrade to 2.3.1 but after login to manager I had only white screen with text and links (like css was missing) (clear cache and disable js css compress didnt help)
                    After upgrade to 2.4.4 I got error 500 and was not able to login at all...

UPDATE: seems like my problem is simmilar to this: https://forums.modx.com/thread/92732/help-modx-manager-broke
                    UPDATE2: update to 2.2.0 works, but update to 2.3.0 show only top menu again, rest of page is blank. [ed. note: kudykam last edited this post 5 years, 6 months ago.]
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Try visiting with your browser in private or incognito mode. Sometime a leftover cookie or browser cache file will cause weird effects in the Manager after an upgrade. Also, if you didn't use UpgradeMODX, manually delete all the files in the core/cache directory.
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting