We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 670 Posts
    Quote from: tm2000 at Sep 07, 2017, 08:59 PM
    Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2017, 08:50 PM
    I definitely found a way to do this, but I can't remember what it was (doh).

Try changing that latestVersion value to 2.5.8 and see what that does.

Ok will give it a try

Thanks
    Andy

I tried this - but whatever I change it to, the dashboard widget says it's up to date.
    This is the code I'm amendeing - it's within the UpgradeMODXWidget
    if (php_sapi_name() === 'cli') {
        /* This section for debugging during development. It won't execute in MODX */
        include 'C:\xampp\htdocs\addons\assets\mycomponents\instantiatemodx\instantiatemodx.php';
        $snippet =
        $scriptProperties = array(
            'versionsToShow' => 5,
            'hideWhenNoUpgrade' => false,
            'lastCheck' => '',
            'interval' => '+60 seconds',
            'plOnly' => false,
            'language' => 'en',
            'forcePclZip' => false,
            'forceFopen' => false,
            'currentVersion' => $modx->getOption('settings_version'),
            'latestVersion' => '[b]2.5.8-pl[/b]',
            'githubTimeout' => 6,
            'modTimeout' => 6,
            'tries' => 2,
        );

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
      • 24,544 Posts
      I meant to change the latestVersion property of the UpgradeMODXWidget snippet, though it still may not work.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 670 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Sep 08, 2017, 10:19 PM
        I meant to change the latestVersion property of the UpgradeMODXWidget snippet, though it still may not work.

Yes that's the code I amended as per the example I posted. Is that not what you meant?
          • 24,544 Posts
          No, that's the code. I meant to change the property on the properties tab of the snippet. I haven't had time to look at the code, but I think that array member you modified is overwritten by the property before it's used.
            My MODX Extras
            • 670 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at Sep 10, 2017, 04:57 AM
            No, that's the code. I meant to change the property on the properties tab of the snippet. I haven't had time to look at the code, but I think that array member you modified is overwritten by the property before it's used.

Ah Ok - thanks.
            I have just tried this - but still getting the same JS errors on save.
            Strangely, what seems to be happening when I check the console is that the FIRST page i save is OK. but if I change to a different page, and hit save, the JS error occurs.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Did the install go OK?
                My MODX Extras
                • 670 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Sep 12, 2017, 04:52 AM
                Did the install go OK?

Yes no problems art all - but the issue is still occurring on save. Very bizarre.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  If you have any plugins connected to OnDocFormSave, try disabling them and manually deleting the core/cache files (in fact, it's not a bad idea to disable all plugins). If that works, you can enable them one-by-one until you find the culprit.
                    My MODX Extras
                  • discuss.answer
                    • 670 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at Sep 12, 2017, 08:08 PM
                    If you have any plugins connected to OnDocFormSave, try disabling them and manually deleting the core/cache files (in fact, it's not a bad idea to disable all plugins). If that works, you can enable them one-by-one until you find the culprit.

UPDATE: I found online that there is a replacement for TinyMCE called TinyMCE Rich Text Editor (tinymcerte-1.2.0-pl).
                    The one that I had installed was called TinyMCE (tinymce-4.3.4-pl).
                    I removed the old one, and installed the new one - and hey presto - problem solved!!!

Thanks for all your help in getting to the bottom of this - I don't really understand why it occurred, because I use TinyMCE on lots of other sites, but all I can think is that it's conflicting with another Extra.

Anyways, it's all working - so Happy Days! smiley

• 4 Posts
                      Quote from: tm2000 at Sep 13, 2017, 08:51 AM

UPDATE: I found online that there is a replacement for TinyMCE called TinyMCE Rich Text Editor (tinymcerte-1.2.0-pl).
                      The one that I had installed was called TinyMCE (tinymce-4.3.4-pl).
                      I removed the old one, and installed the new one - and hey presto - problem solved!!!

I realize I'm late to the party but wanted to confirm that switching to TinyMCE Rich Text Editor still fixes the problem on 2.6.5. I was pulling out what's left of my hair over this.