We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 670 Posts
    UPDATE:
    OK so I have repaired every table in the database.
    I have also re-installed tinyMCE

Still the same error as above.

The strange thing is that I have other sites on the same server, and all are fine. It's just this one.

Site is on 2.5.7 by the way.

Andy
      • 670 Posts
      If I uninstall TINY MCE to see if that it will save when it's not installed - will I lose any content/formatting fro the content field?

Also, I have checked the console on this and OTHER healthy sites I'm running on the same server and they all give a warning when I load a resource in the manager:

unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  modx.panel.resource.tv.js:32:8
      unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  tinymce.panel.js:107:8
      unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  manager:894:2
      undefined

Is this normal??
        • 24,544 Posts
        No, I don't think that's normal. I don't see it on my systems.

I would run setup again in upgrade mode. Possibly the JS file was corrupted somehow (especially if you move the files individually with FTP).

Removing TinyMCE won't hurt your content. But I'd try to straighten out the JS first.

BTW, IIRC you can fool UpgradeMODX into re-installing the current version. That will download and replace the existing core files with new ones. Just change the latestVersion of the UpgradeMODXWidget snippet to an earlier version.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 670 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Sep 06, 2017, 08:59 PM
          No, I don't think that's normal. I don't see it on my systems.

I would run setup again in upgrade mode. Possibly the JS file was corrupted somehow (especially if you move the files individually with FTP).

Removing TinyMCE won't hurt your content. But I'd try to straighten out the JS first.

BTW, IIRC you can fool UpgradeMODX into re-installing the current version. That will download and replace the existing core files with new ones. Just change the latestVersion of the UpgradeMODXWidget snippet to an earlier version.

I've re-run the setup for Modx.
          No change.
          Then I uninstalled TinyMCE - just to see if this would allow me to save resources - but then I couldn't see resources at all - just a blank white screen.

Re-installed TinyMCE - then I can see the resources. But still cannot save, and same JS error.

Very odd.
            • 932 Posts
            It will be mod_security
              ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
              • 670 Posts
              Quote from: lkfranklin at Sep 07, 2017, 10:12 AM
              It will be mod_security

Thanks - but the hosting company have said this:
              We are not seeing any recent mod_security restriction while checking the logs. So I don't think so.
                • 24,544 Posts
                No change.

Re-running setup repeats the initial setup process, but if the files were corrupt originally, it won't help.

I would try using UpgradeMODX to "upgrade" to the current version as I described above. That will replace all the core files with new ones.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 670 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2017, 08:20 PM
                  No change.

Re-running setup repeats the initial setup process, but if the files were corrupt originally, it won't help.

I would try using UpgradeMODX to "upgrade" to the current version as I described above. That will replace all the core files with new ones.

Ah ok. How do I fool it into thinking it needs upgrading?
                  The only line I found with a version number actually showed 2.4.2 even though I'm on a later version.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    I definitely found a way to do this, but I can't remember what it was (doh).

Try changing that latestVersion value to 2.5.8 and see what that does.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 670 Posts
                      Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2017, 08:50 PM
                      I definitely found a way to do this, but I can't remember what it was (doh).

Try changing that latestVersion value to 2.5.8 and see what that does.

Ok will give it a try

Thanks
                      Andy