We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 78 Posts
    i deinstalled it, removed it, cleared the cache folder and tried it again. Same Problem.

No Addon

The Address field from the modx basic user infos is saved correctly
      • 24,544 Posts
      TinyMCE is notorious for not removing itself completely.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,145 Posts
        That particular extra (not TinyMCE per se)

Like Norton anti virus
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Thanks for clarifying that. smiley
            My MODX Extras
            • 78 Posts
            Hi. I am helpless. Tried a lot but don't know what else to do - i am going crazy

My Browser has no Plugin.
            I need TinyMCE for the editing of Resources.
            The Field for the default modUserProfile Adress works fine.
            Only the textareas of the userData fields from classExtender makes the ugly

• 78 Posts
              It seems that it happens when the content from the db is placed into the textarea
                • 24,544 Posts
                If it depends on the content of the resources, my money would still be on mod_security in spite of what your host says.

Can you post an example of the problem content from a resource that won't save? Enclose it in code tags with the <> button.

My MODX Extras
                  • 78 Posts
                  Hi, i have to correct my error description.

I knew where the
                  comes from :/
                  I used the output filter :nl2br
                  Need holidays!

BUT now the textareas ignore the new line character and put everything in one single line when loading the Info from the database to the user edit page. The Problem happens only at the loading of the user datas. If i correct the missing new lines at the textareas it is saved correctly into the database - if i reload the page the line break is missing again.

Info inside the Database
                  Address Line 1
                  Address Line 2

After Loading User Data
                  Address Line 1Address Line 2

Chunk: myExtraUserFields
                  <div class="x-form-item x-tab-item" tabindex="-1">
                  	<label style="width:auto;" class="x-form-item-label">
                  		EVZ Straße & Nr.
                  	</label>
                  	<div class="x-form-element" style="padding-left:0;">
                  		<textarea style="width: 716px; height: 48px;" autocomplete="off" name="evzAddress" class="x-form-textarea x-form-field" title="">[[+evzAddress]]</textarea>
                  	</div>
                  	<div class="x-form-clear-left"></div>
                  </div>

Chunk: myExtraUserShema
                  <field key="evzAddress" dbtype="text" phptype="string" null="true"/>

• 24,544 Posts
                    That sounds like it might be a TinyMCE configuration issue. I never use it, so I'm not sure what the fix is. Possibly the allowed tags setting.

Are you using br tags to separate the lines, or just newlines? Newlines won't show up in an HTML display.

Another solution would be to separate the address lines into different fields.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 78 Posts
                      Hi Bob,

for me its confusing, that it only happens to the extended Fields. The Adress field from modUserProfile works as it should with exact the same content.
                      Maybe i need to add a class to the textarea, but i copie everything from the original Adress-Textarea?
                      The error happens when loading the content from the database.
                      If i set the newlines and save it will be saved correctly to the database.

I Use Newlines. To show the content outside a Textarea i use this [[+mvzAddress:nl2br]] and it works fine.
                      BUT textareas should show newlines.

1. So for me it seems that something (maybe Tiny) filters the newlines from the content
                      2. But there must be a possibility to prevent this. BECAUSE the original Adress Textarea from modxUserProfile works as it should
                      3. So for me the solution seems to be: "Find out WHY the modxUserProfile Address Textarea behaves different"

To seperate the lines into different Fields is not a solution, because i also have an "about me" with more than 2 lines.