We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 268 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Jun 19, 2017, 06:37 AM
    Ironically, I'm now getting this error after updating to 2.5.7. wink

Mine says:
    ERROR in resource 282 etc.

That's my blog container.

Is resource 79 your blog container, by any chance?
    Hi

Sorry to reply so late.
    This not a blog.

And Tagger is not used.
    Just to give you an idea of the nesting part...

The Pdo resource is used to harvest every child page from a category parent (product type) . This actually uses deep nesting stuffs, TV and tests.
    I always had hard time with IF or placeholder modifiers right there.

In each pdoresource block I gather data from each child page (brand) using also Getimagelist. this is for searching and displaying a potential pdf files (documentation) associated to each of those child pages (each pdf doc is manually added within a migx tv) . During those past years I was able to test if there was at least 1 pdf to display and then fire or not the corresponding frontend chunk to show them.
    I recently forgot this after the recent new needs and adjustments..too much tests.. blank page.

At this point, since the new project to include data from SolR for those brand pages is recent I'm not able to add the collation of the SolR Data within those pdoresource blocks. Not important the goal is to go to the desired child page (brand) to get the SolR data.

[ed. note: elz064 last edited this post 6 years, 9 months ago.]
    • Seems like this is connected to this issue/commit/merge: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/13265

See my comment there.

You can do a quick and dirty fix by changing the log level in core/model/modx/modparser.class.php line 1352 from "modX::LOG_LEVEL_ERROR" to "modX::LOG_LEVEL_INFO".
      • Quote from: BobRay at Jun 19, 2017, 06:37 AM
        Ironically, I'm now getting this error after updating to 2.5.7. wink

Mine says:
        ERROR in resource 282 etc.

That's my blog container.

Is resource 79 your blog container, by any chance?

No - and I didn't get it resolved.
          Helen Warner
          Number one pixel!
          Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
        • Quote from: BobRay at Jun 17, 2017, 06:15 AM
          That's some pretty deep nesting. If I'm reading it right, you have (at the least) a link tag inside a chunk inside a pdoMenu tag inside a pdoResources tag.

Your inner pdoMenu tag doesn't have a property set, and it won't have access to the property set of the outer pdoResources tag, so it can't set the link tag.

Adding the property set to the inner pdoResources tag, could possibly work, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. wink

Sadly no - it didn't work wink

The functionality on the frontend does exactly what I want but it just keeps filling up the error log with these annoying Bad link tag messages...
            Helen Warner
            Number one pixel!
            Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
          • I too am having this issue with one of our sites now. The most unfortunate part is the logged errors don't give me any clue as to the template or chunk containing the error. It says resource 1 but I backtraced it and did not see anything out of the ordinary.
            • In my instance I was able to track it down based on another resource it was occurring in. It is related to the use of url generation in a pdoResources Tpl. The odd thing is it generates the link for every listed resource while generating the error. It seems to be a phantom error. There is nothing wrong with the code.

<h4><a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h4>
                • 268 Posts
                Quote from: pyrographics at Aug 09, 2017, 02:22 PM
                In my instance I was able to track it down based on another resource it was occurring in. It is related to the use of url generation in a pdoResources Tpl. The odd thing is it generates the link for every listed resource while generating the error. It seems to be a phantom error. There is nothing wrong with the code.

<h4><a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h4>
                Yes probably the same issue we have.
                I commented out the line responsible for this
                (Don't remember , probably #1352 in core/model/modx/modparser.class.php)
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  I wonder if putting a space between the four closing tags would help:

<h4><a href="[[~[[+id]] ]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h4>
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 370 Posts
                    i'm seeing the same flood of errors in my log. is there a way to check where they come from?
                    RDG
                      • 4 Posts
                      Quote from: BobRay at Aug 10, 2017, 04:04 AM
                      I wonder if putting a space between the four closing tags would help:

<h4><a href="[[~[[+id]] ]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h4>

Did nothing for me.

Does it have been corrected in 2.5.8 ?