We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    First, see if that file is there.

Did you change either of these elements in the project config file?

/* path to MyComponent source files */
        'mycomponentRoot' => $this->modx->getOption('mc.root', null,
            MODX_CORE_PATH . 'components/mycomponent/'),

/* path to new project root */
        'targetRoot' => MODX_ASSETS_PATH . 'mycomponents/' . $packageNameLower . '/',

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 75 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Nov 06, 2016, 05:44 AM
      First, see if that file is there.

Did you change either of these elements in the project config file?

/* path to MyComponent source files */
          'mycomponentRoot' => $this->modx->getOption('mc.root', null,
              MODX_CORE_PATH . 'components/mycomponent/'),

/* path to new project root */
          'targetRoot' => MODX_ASSETS_PATH . 'mycomponents/' . $packageNameLower . '/',

My Fault. I forgot a step. myComponent as well as packMan create the file with no issues but with both of them when you click on search locally, then Yes. It goes into some kind of loop where it just says loading. If you then refresh the page it shows nothing in the package manager. If then you remove the transport package and refresh all comes back including the package you are trying to install. At this point you can put the transport.zip back and it will install without incident other than the fact that as long as the package transport.zip file is in the package directory the package manager will not work properly. I would be happy to send anyone the zip file so they can take a look.
        • 24,544 Posts
        If I'm understanding you, you can create a new transport.zip file with either PackMan or MyComponent, but that file causes trouble in Package Manager.

I can't think of anything that would corrupt the package that would affect both MyComponent and PackMan builds, other than some issue with the version name or number (like a space or other illegal character in either one).

A PHP syntax error in one of your files could possibly be causing the trouble. A missing quote in the lexicon file, for example, or something similar.

It's also possible that MyComponent and PackMan both have a problem with MODX 2.5.1. I haven't had a chance to test MC, though I think there are people on 2.5.1 who are using it successfully.
          My MODX Extras
          • 75 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Nov 07, 2016, 11:30 PM
          If I'm understanding you, you can create a new transport.zip file with either PackMan or MyComponent, but that file causes trouble in Package Manager.

I can't think of anything that would corrupt the package that would affect both MyComponent and PackMan builds, other than some issue with the version name or number (like a space or other illegal character in either one).

A PHP syntax error in one of your files could possibly be causing the trouble. A missing quote in the lexicon file, for example, or something similar.

It's also possible that MyComponent and PackMan both have a problem with MODX 2.5.1. I haven't had a chance to test MC, though I think there are people on 2.5.1 who are using it successfully.
          Thanks for the reply. Yes you did understand correctly. There is no Lexicon files. just 2 snippets and 2 chunks. Don't know about MC but I've had this issue since before I upgraded to 2.5.1 so It seems like that would not be the issue. All my other snippets work fine in both MC and PackMan. huh I guess I'll try to eliminate the culprit by removing each of the pieces in turn to find the bad one then go over it with a microscope. Thanks
            • 24,544 Posts
            Sorry I couldn't be more help.
              My MODX Extras
              • 75 Posts
              Just to close this out. I did find the issue. In the readme.txt file I had the word won`t with a back tick instead of an apostrophe. Once I finally found that and fixed it then all worked as it should. smiley
                • 24,544 Posts
                I'm glad you got it sorted (and that it wasn't a problem with MyComponent). smiley
                  My MODX Extras