We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    Thanks marcelkalveram. Your snippet works for now..!

I just hope this will resolve by articles developer.
      • 32 Posts
      I took a different approach and modified tagLister's tag.chunk.tpl file in core/components/taglister/elements/chunks/

<li class="[[+cls]]"><a href="[[++site_url]][[~[[*id]]]]?tag=[[+tag]]">[[+tag]]</a> ([[+count]])</li>

It effectively changes the link to one that displays the desired result. Hope this helps.
        • 98 Posts
        Glad I found this thread as my tags were not filtering either.

I wanted the tags to work on other site pages outside of the Articles document so I used the solution by rolandtom which worked fine while I was on the Article page/document in my case this was ID28 but it would not work on other site pages as it just reloaded the that page with no results so I done a very slight edit to rolandtom and came up with this
        <li class="[[+cls]]"><a href="[[++site_url]][[~28]]?tag=[[+tag]]">[[+tag]]</a> ([[+count]])</li>

Guess I will have to make a good note of that in case that file gets changed when Articles is updated

Cheers
          • 3 Posts
          Thanks to rolandtom and Si, I have been able to fix the Tag filtering issue with the modification
          of tag.chunk.tpl

But what about the Archives filtering issue ?
          You have to amend row.chunk.tpl file in core/components/archivist/elements/chunks/

<li class="[[+cls]]">
              <a href="Your Blog Name or Blog Container Alias[[+url]]" title="[[+date]]">[[+date]] ([[+count]])</a>
          </li>

Go next in "System settings" > "Friendly URL" > "Container Suffix"
          and put / as a value into Container Suffix.

Clear the Cache.

And my Archives filter has been fixed.

By the way I kept the original ht.access without any change.
            • 290 Posts
            I am unbelievably frustrated with the Articles add-on. It does virtually nothing the documentation claims, and said documentation is criminally incomplete. I've spent hours troubleshooting functionality it ships with...for anyone reading this in the future, AVOID ARTICLES. Do this instead: http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/creating-a-blog-in-modx-revolution

// end rant

I'm about to scrap hours into the dev of an Articles-driven blog for something that actually works. The latest issue - same as posted about on this thread - tags and archives don't filter. Both lists, all of which exist on articles pages, generate unfiltered lists of articles resources.

To resolve, I first tried on friendly URLs - no change. I created the getParam snippet shown earlier in this string and modified the tags list item tpl - no change.

I've tried getResourcesTag -- no output.

Anyone get this to work?? Any additional ideas beyond those already prescribed here?
              • 290 Posts
              I am unbelievably frustrated with the Articles add-on. It does virtually nothing the documentation claims, and said documentation is criminally incomplete. I've spent hours troubleshooting functionality it ships with...for anyone reading this in the future, AVOID ARTICLES. Do this instead: http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/creating-a-blog-in-modx-revolution

// end rant

I'm about to scrap hours into the dev of an Articles-driven blog thanks to the latest issue - same as posted on this thread - tags and archives don't filter. Both lists, all of which exist on articles pages, generate unfiltered lists of articles resources.

To resolve, I first tried on friendly URLs - no change. I created the getParam snippet shown earlier in this string and modified the tags list item tpl - no change.

I've tried getResourcesTag -- no output.

Anyone get this to work?? Any additional ideas beyond those already prescribed here?
              • Same here, no filtering. Then I found this thread:
                http://forums.modx.com/forums/thread/74582/blog-as-site-start-list-by-tags-no-longer-works

This "no filtering" might be just a look-alike. What I did wrong was two settings:
                - point the start-page of your site to the blog container
                - point the error404-page to your start-page.

Thanks to the awesome MODX Community.

Brigitte [ed. note: BrigitteB last edited this post 9 years, 5 months ago.]
                  Brigitte Bornemann - Accessibility Consultant, Web Designer - Hamburg / Munich, Germany.
                  http://www.bit-informationsdesign.de
                  • 3 Posts
                  Hi everyone !

I just spent a few hours on this issue and I was tapping my head against the wall when I had an idea: and what if it was the cache ?
                  What was solved my problem was just uncaching the [[*content ]] tag in my article templates.
                  Now the tags and archives links filter my posts normaly.

Hope this could help someone wink
                    Web developer freelance