We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I have followed the instructions as per:

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Login.UpdateProfile

But everytime a user updates their profile the following bogus extended fields get created:

"email:required:email"

"login-updprof-btn"

Is this a bug or an error somehow on my part?

Cheers,
    EF
      • 4,149 Posts
      It was a bug with prior Login versions that I believe is fixed in the most recent versions. You can erase those extended fields.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 6 Posts
        Hi Splittingred,

I was running the latest Login version though when it happened.

I noticed this used to happen with the Register call, and I just tested and that is certainly fixed with the latest Login version.

But I think there is still an issue with the UpdateProfile call.

Cheers,
        EF
          • 38 Posts
          Same problem.

Revo 2.2.0-pl2
          Login 1.7.3-pl (upgraded from 1.7.2)

Also, the lgnupdateprofile.chunk.tpl mentioned in the rtfm does not exist on my install and the lgnupdateprofiletpl chunk was not created.

And lastly, using the plain call
          [[!UpdateProfile]]
          is the only way I've been able to get the updateprofile snippet to work so far.

If I add any properties whatsoever to the call, then the snippet does not work. (does not populate the fields and does not update and reports no error).
            • 38 Posts
            Figured it out. I was trying to set properties in the snippet call as params which disables the updateprofile snippet.

Set the properties in property sets, and now everything works.

I set login-updprof-btn,email:email:required on the excludeExtended property and it no longer creates the bogus fields.
            [ed. note: grabenfub last edited this post 12 years, 1 month ago.]
            • This is still an issue in Login 1.8.0. You should not have to list fields to omit fields just because they contain validation specifics.
                • 255 Posts
                Running Login 1.8.1 I am also seeing the same bogus fields

Quote from: splittingred at Dec 08, 2011, 05:39 PM
                It was a bug with prior Login versions that I believe is fixed in the most recent versions. You can erase those extended fields.