We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hey all,

I'm experiencing an issue accessing the manager after an upgrade. It's throwing the following errors:

Warning: include_once(/home/NAME/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/NAME/public_html/MANAGER/index.php on line 38

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/NAME/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/NAME/public_html/MANAGER/index.php on line 38

Warning: include(/home/NAME/public_html/core/error/unavailable.include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/NAME/public_html/MANAGER/index.php on line 39

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/NAME/public_html/core/error/unavailable.include.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/NAME/public_html/MANAGER/index.php on line 39
    Site temporarily unavailable!

I'm thinking the issue has something to do with the path and reference. The core folder is sitting above the site root but is the error is referencing it as if it's not. I tried the usual fixes i.e.:

• cleared browser cache
    • turned off compress cs and js

I tried to redo the setup but now that's also throwing an error. In addition when i try to clear the cache from the core folder, the file manager in cpanel is saying permission denied (this is not taking place anywhere else but cache folder).

Any insight?

Thanks!

This question has been answered by cpfuzz2. See the first response.

[ed. note: cpfuzz2 last edited this post 5 years, 1 month ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 3 Posts
      I was able to rename the cache folder (called it cache_2) and create a new one (called cache). That allowed me to go through the setup process again. After reinstalling, i was able to access the manager tool again.