We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    Hi all

What I am doing is sending an email message using Formit and email snippet, I have a form to write down there multiples emails separated with comma. If I put in the form field one email address it works (the email message is sended) if I put more that one in the field form doesn't work, if I put more that one directly in the formit parameter $emailTo it works.

[[!FormIt? 
    &hooks=`email` 
    &validate=`emails:required`
    &successMessage=`<h2 style="color:green">Your invitation was sent to [[+emails]]!</h2>`
    &emailTpl=`email_event`
    &emailSubject=`Event Invitation - [[+eventName]] - [[!+company]]`
    &emailTo=`[[+emails]]`
     ]]

<form action="[[~[[*id]]]]" method="post" id="eventform" >
            <label>Describe a list of emails separated by comma</label>
            <input type="text" name="emails" id="emails" value=""/>
            <input type="hidden" name="eventName" value=""/>
            <button type="submit" class="btn">Send</button>

</form>

This question has been answered by yuliyepes. See the first response.

@yulianita
      • 1,154 Posts
      What does successMessage appear as? Does the whole text string output?

You might try to use emailCC, I don't know why it would work and this doesn't though.

...Oh I just found an old thread, this is a bug, and the workaround indeed is to use emailCC, but it might also not accept multiple addresses.

https://forums.modx.com/thread/101101/formit-emailto-set-through-hook-with-multiple-values-does-not-work

Looks like it might be better to use another form extra, I asked in that thread what is the best to use. maybe SPform [ed. note: nuan88 last edited this post 5 years, 2 months ago.]
      • Write a small hook with the following code

<?php
        $hook->formit->options['emailTo'] = $hook->getValue('emails');

and execute that hook before the email hook.

The current code of FormIt could just work with [[+email1]],[[+email2]] and the according fields in the form, if I read the current code right. [ed. note: Jako last edited this post 5 years, 2 months ago.]
        • discuss.answer
          • 43 Posts
          Quote from: Jako at Feb 15, 2019, 10:28 PM
          Write a small hook with the following code

<!--?php
          $hook--->formit->options['emailTo'] = $hook->getValue('emails');

and execute that hook before the email hook.

The current code of FormIt could just work with [[+email1]],[[+email2]] and the according fields in the form, if I read the current code right.

Thank you!!, I don't know why your code doesn't work but it works with this.

$emails = $hook->getValue('emails');
          $hook->formit->setOption('emailTo', $emails);

@yulianita