We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    HI, I have a MODx Website which was build some years ago (not sure which version).
    It was working fine till some time ago - I can't login any more(see attached). I have a coding experience but not in PHP and MODx specifically.
    Any help highly appreciated.
    If somebody is willing to help I can offer some compensation (the data is very important to me).
    Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Possible solutions will depend on which version of MODX you have. It kind of looks like MODX Evolution, but I'm not sure.

If you look at the MODX root directory (public_html in your case), if you see core, connectors, manager, and assets directories, it's likely Revolution. If you don't see connectors and core, it's probably Evolution.

If you find a core/cache directory, manually delete all files in it.

If you have access to the DB, you can look in the modx_system_settings table and find the settings_version setting. That will give you the version number in Revolution, and I think also in Evolution.

Also in the modx_system_settings table, look for the System Setting for Captcha (For Revolution, it's captcha.enabled, I think it's the same for Evolution). Edit the setting. Change the value field from 1 to 0 and click on the "Go" button. That will turn off Captcha, which is part of your problem.

While you're in the DB, repair all DB tables -- it can't hurt and might help.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 6 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Dec 25, 2018, 09:36 PM
        Possible solutions will depend on which version of MODX you have. It kind of looks like MODX Evolution, but I'm not sure.

If you look at the MODX root directory (public_html in your case), if you see core, connectors, manager, and assets directories, it's likely Revolution. If you don't see connectors and core, it's probably Evolution.

If you find a core/cache directory, manually delete all files in it.

If you have access to the DB, you can look in the modx_system_settings table and find the settings_version setting. That will give you the version number in Revolution, and I think also in Evolution.

Also in the modx_system_settings table, look for the System Setting for Captcha (For Revolution, it's captcha.enabled, I think it's the same for Evolution). Edit the setting. Change the value field from 1 to 0 and click on the "Go" button. That will turn off Captcha, which is part of your problem.

While you're in the DB, repair all DB tables -- it can't hurt and might help.

Thanks a lot for your replay.
        My version is 1.0.3 - Evolution.
        use_captcha is set to 0 already.
          • 6 Posts
          I just realized, that somehow it does log in. It doesn't go to a manager view, though but gives me that strip at the top(see attached).
          If I click `Edit Resource` it gives a pop up with bunch of warnings.
            • 1,572 Posts
            Very old version of Evo and really needs to be upgraded, MODX no longer support this version but quicker help can be found on the github page https://github.com/evolution-cms/evolution/releases
              • 24,544 Posts
              It may be that your host has upgraded the PHP version, which may not be compatible with that old version of Evolution. In that case upgrading from the link Paulp has provided may solve the problem.

You might also consider upgrading to MODX Revolution using GoRevo, though GoRevo may not work with very old versions of Evolution.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 6 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Dec 27, 2018, 06:49 AM
                It may be that your host has upgraded the PHP version, which may not be compatible with that old version of Evolution. In that case upgrading from the link Paulp has provided may solve the problem.

You might also consider upgrading to MODX Revolution using GoRevo, though GoRevo may not work with very old versions of Evolution.

Thank you!