We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • discuss.answer
    • 12 Posts
    Hi Bob,

thanks for your update, anyway. No reason for excuse.

In the mean time I upgraded to 2.6.0. I got the very same installation errors like the ones in my OP, but no errors at all on MODx log. It's running like it has never been better.

But I also checked the correct usage of the .htaccess files (they must be re-copied (4x) after upgrade over the old installation).

Since then I had no problems at all despite due to some thoroughly lacking understanding from my side of MODx' permissions/ACL concept, but this is a totally different issue.

But I must admit I hesitate to upgrade to 2.6.5 due to the previous issues, but I will try soon.

The Begin Upgrade link by UpgradeMODX extra I did not yet research.

Thanks again,

zhzhzh
      • 24,544 Posts
      Please upgrade to 2.6.5 immediately, and then update the Gallery extra if you're using it.

Both 2.6.4 and Gallery have serious security issues and many MODX sites have been hacked lately.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 12 Posts
        Just as a late feedback:

Yes, I did a successful upgrade to 2.6.5. And yes, I got the exactly same upgrade "errors" as in my first post. But the systems works without any issue since then.

Thanks again for your support,

zhzhzh