We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    This is the error code:
    Fatal error: Class 'Smarty_Internal_Compile_foreach' not found in /kunden/175516_65428/webseiten/dev/modx-2.5.8-pl/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 750

I get this each time I type in the Admin fields (Admin username, email, password) in the pre-install process. After that I get this error line and nothing happens.
    Everything before worked. Connection to the db worked....

Didn't find anything in the net about this error line. I am trying to install modx 2.5.8 in a sub directory on my site to do a new design.

I hope that someone has a clue about this annoying error in the install process.
      • 24,544 Posts
      If you copied the files from their previous location, you need to edit the config.inc.php file and the three config.core.php files (root, manager, and connectors directories) to point to the new location.

Be sure you delete all files in the core/cache directory before running setup, and again whenever you make a change to the config files.

If you copied the .htaccess file to the subdirectory, it may need to be modified or temporarily renamed.

Since you are moving the site, your browser cache or cookies could also be an issue.

Once you get the Manager working, make sure the base href tag in all templates looks like this (with the exclamation point):

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting