We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi,

Several ModX sites of mine were moved to a new server. Most of them were relatively easy to get working again by updating to the newest ModX version. There was one older site that was still in ModX 2.2.1, I couldn't get it to work on the new server. After I updated the site (first to 2.3.3, 2.4.0 etc.) on the old server to ModX 2.5.1, copied it over, it finally 'clicked' with the new server.

Only problem is, FURL's were suddenly switch off and I can't reach the manager. The .htaccess looks okay. But every time I try to reach the manager I get a HTTP ERROR 500.

Does anyone know how to activate FURL's without usingthe manager?

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• 388 Posts
      Have you delete the cache files?
        --
        ysanmiguel.com
        • 24 Posts
        Quote from: Ysanmiguel at Jan 16, 2017, 03:32 PM
        Have you delete the cache files?

Yep, cleaned out the core/cache folder, flushed sessions, the whole shebang.
          • 388 Posts
          mate the problem should be the address on the config files.

have you check the config.core.php paths are they right?
            --
            ysanmiguel.com
            • 1,572 Posts
            You may also need to update the paths in manager/config.core.php and connectors/config.core.php then delete the config/cache and clear your browser cache and cookies to make sure theres no hidden gremlins in there
            • discuss.answer
              • 388 Posts
              Quote from: paulp at Jan 16, 2017, 04:54 PM
              You may also need to update the paths in manager/config.core.php and connectors/config.core.php then delete the config/cache and clear your browser cache and cookies to make sure theres no hidden gremlins in there

That is the one that I was saying smiley

if you are using context you will need to search on the database for the old paths and replace it for the new ones.
                --
                ysanmiguel.com
                • 388 Posts

That is the one that I was saying smiley

if you are using context you will need to search on the database for the old paths and replace it for the new ones.
                  --
                  ysanmiguel.com
                • discuss.answer
                  • 24 Posts
                  Quote from: Ysanmiguel at Jan 16, 2017, 05:40 PM

Allready tried that, but will check those files just be sure. Thanks Ysanmiguel/Paulp

UPDATE:
                  I solved the problem. It was twofold, first I updated the config.inc.php with the new paths, second the original .htacces didn't go down well on the new server. After fixing that I ran a second ModX setup and voila, it worked. Thanks for helping me out, [ed. note: applepi last edited this post 7 years, 3 months ago.]