We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I've updated at least a dozen websites to 1.2 because of the recent security issue. Now I can't edit chunks.

1. Select the chunk to edit
    2. Make changes
    3. Click on Save and nothing happens

Chrome (v55) debug console shows a javascript error for the Save button

VM290 index.php?id=5&a=78:224 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'click' of undefined at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (VM290 index.php?id=5&a=78:224)

for:

(function(event){documentDirty=false; form_save=true; document.mutate.save.click();})

Everything else seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Andy

This question has been answered by goonz39. See the first response.

[ed. note: ajayre2 last edited this post 7 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 6 Posts
      Is nobody else getting this? I have it on every site I have updated to 1.2 and it's stopping me from making any changes. sad

Thanks, Andy
        • 6 Posts
        I tried that. Same result.

I then re-downloaded 1.2.0 and copied everything from /assets/js to my site's /assets/js. Cleared the browser cache again. Same result.

I then recopied 1.2.0 /assets/plugins and /manager/actions to my site. Cleared the browser cache again. Same result.

I tried Chrome incognito mode to be sure. Same result.

I've now tried it in MS Edge, which I never use, and it's the same result "Unable to get property 'click' of undefined or null reference for index.php line 224.

It seems document.mutate.save is undefined.

document.mutate evaluates to the html form where id = mutate, which appears to be the entire chunk editor.

I'm not sure if it is related but on all sites that I updated to 1.2 none of them show version 1.2 in the top right of the manager. They all show the previous version number (in this case 1.0.15). If I hover the pointer over the version number the tooltip that appears says 1.2. Is everyone else seeing version 1.2 shown here?

Andy
        [ed. note: ajayre2 last edited this post 7 years, 3 months ago.]
          • 953 Posts
          Is nobody else getting this?

I can only speak for myself - I have updated 8 sites to 1.2, none of them are having the problems that you are experiencing

I can modify, save and create chunks without any problem and the Evo version number shows as it should

I use PHP5.4 through to PHP7x, spread across shared and dedicated servers

Question:

Have you tried a clean install to see if you still experience the problem ?
            • 6 Posts
            This is the procedure I followed:

1. Download, extract and copy 1.2 into existing site folder.

2. Run the installer to upgrade the database.

3. Remove all files and copy clean 1.2 into existing site folder.

4. Manually copy over custom snippet code and assets

I did it this way because my sites were hacked and I couldn't trust any of it anymore.
              • 953 Posts
              What I mean with "clean install" is not using / updating your current set-up at all - but creating a completely new site using a new / different database

That way you can test if the problem is still there and if it is, you are guaranteed that it has nothing to do with your website (DB or Files)

Did you unpack the Evo zip on your PC / MAC and then upload it to your live server ? If the answer is yes, a better solution is to unpack directly on the live server as files can be corrupted on upload and or not overwritten
              • discuss.answer
                • 150 Posts
                I had this same problem in some websites and not in others.

I just saw a thread about TinyMCE. There was a conflict. Go to your plugins, make sure that only the v4.xx of TinyMCE is turned on - disable all the others. It worked for me.

You'll know it is working if code highlighting is showing up in your chunks. I think smiley.

enjoy.
                  "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
                  • 6 Posts
                  Yes! Thank you! This was the solution. smiley
                    • 6 Posts
                    Quote from: ajayre2 at Jan 05, 2017, 09:19 AM
                    I'm not sure if it is related but on all sites that I updated to 1.2 none of them show version 1.2 in the top right of the manager. They all show the previous version number (in this case 1.0.15). If I hover the pointer over the version number the tooltip that appears says 1.2. Is everyone else seeing version 1.2 shown here?

This "fixes itself" if I go to the home page in the manager and click on the "rebuild checksums" option.

Also in the process of updating TinyMCE to the latest version all the tabs under Configuration in the manager, except for "Site" disappeared. After a few page refreshes and clicking around in the manager they came back. Phew.