We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 372 Posts
    Tinymce Wrapper make me crazy !
    I've give a try to it, installed and uninstalled it because it does not work (don't know why...) and now i can't make change to settings which_editor and which_element_editor in the manager. So i try to change it into PhpMyAdmin and it's the same. Everytime i change it to TinyMCE and CodeMirror, TinymceWrapper come back... see image2.jpg and image3.jpg

So i can't get TinyMCE and CodeMirror working like before...
      • 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: Steeve at Jul 20, 2016, 01:04 PM

Witch rich text editor are you using ?

None wink

(especially when I'm writing stuff with code examples in it).

I've done it for so long that I think in raw HTML. I do my HTML editing in PhpStorm, which auto-completes matching tags, indents, and checks the syntax (and not much else). I have a macro that produces a code block with pre and fixedpre tags.

I haven't used a real RTE in at least a couple of years.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,145 Posts
        RE:Steeve

By "my TinyMCE plugin" I meant https://github.com/donShakespeare/twPreCodeManager
        twPreCodeManager.js is a TinyMCE plugin that has no business with MODX or TinymceWrapper

Find your config, and add the code below to however it is you were already using TinyMCE in your MODX setup
        tinymce.init({
          external_plugins: {
            twPreCodeManager: "twPreCodeManager.js",
            toolbar: "... code"
          },

In order to protect my mind from mental disorder, please use my support thread if you are having any issues with TinymceWrapper
        https://forums.modx.com/thread/97694/support-comments-for-tinymcewrapper

Cheers
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 372 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Jul 20, 2016, 09:23 PM
          Quote from: Steeve at Jul 20, 2016, 01:04 PM

Witch rich text editor are you using ?

None wink
          I haven't used a real RTE in at least a couple of years.

You're right Bob !
          It's only because i hope someone will help me to write some tutorials, that i try to put an RTE.
          Maybe it's a stupid thing !

In order to protect my mind from mental disorder, please use my support thread if you are having any issues with TinymceWrapper
          I will, if i use it ;-)

Thanks again Bob and donshakespeare !
            • 1,145 Posts
            As per my promise to the community, I have implemented square bracket "escape" valve.
            https://github.com/donShakespeare/twPreCodeManager/

Note: all my TinyMCE plugins are completely independent from MODX and all of its Extras
             tinymce.init({
                external_plugins: {
                  twPreCodeManager: "[[++assets_url]]components/tinymcewrapper/tinymceplugins/twPreCodeManager.js"
                },
                twPreCodeManagerSettings: {
                  protectMODXsquareBrackets: true, // default is false
                  protectMODXsquareBracketsXter: "*", // default xter to place in between open square brackets [[ = [*[
                  contentEditable: true, //default is false
                  managerPREcss: false, //default is true
                  managerForceCODEtag: false, //default is true
                  managerWidth: 400, //default is calculated to be responsive
                  managerHeight: 400 //default is calculated to be responsive
                },
                toolbar: "twPreCodeManager",
                contextmenu: "twPreCodeManager"
              });

Enjoy [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 7 years, 9 months ago.]
              TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 372 Posts
              Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 21, 2016, 03:08 AM
              Find your config, and add the code below to however it is you were already using TinyMCE in your MODX setup
              Sorry but i can't find where is the config.
              I search in core/components/tinymce/ and in core/packages/tinymce-4.3.3-pl and in assets/components/tinymce/ unsuccessfully.

I'm really blocked to do more MODX tutorials without resolving it.
              As you can see in my website, see attachement image (image-1.jpg) i can put MODX call in content and in highlighting code only with <code> tag. Surfer will copy/paste <code> tag from highlinting code. And this is not not really smart.

PS : excuse me, i speak english like a Spanish cow...