We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Is the support for this plugin dying?

This is one of the best Calendar Plugins I have recently found that is very flexible while not being to complex. There are just hurdles when installing it into newer modx versions. Sucks if so...

:(
      Tink!
    • Apologies, there was a lot of effort put into the extra and with the changes to core and support efforts I simply was running out of time to continue to develop and support and keep paying work in the pipeline. I hope that with the new stability in the community and platform that I can reinvest time to bring back up to current standards.

Cheers
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 110 Posts
        Just giving this a +1 and a bump. It would be great to see an updated version of mxCalendar that is straightforward to use. I used it on a couple of sites a few years ago and it was great. Would really like use it again on some more sites if it was current smiley
        • Is it worth saving....???
            • 409 Posts
            It's important for MODX to have a powerfull addon for Events, and the others are also forsaken.

By the way I need an event manager for a new beautifull project and I really want to use mxCalendar which look the more resulted smiley

So yes, please, save it !
            • Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to assess and come up with an outline to bring this back on track. It certainly needs some love....

Quote from: Spheerys at Aug 22, 2018, 07:42 AM
              It's important for MODX to have a powerfull addon for Events, and the others are also forsaken.

By the way I need an event manager for a new beautifull project and I really want to use mxCalendar which look the more resulted smiley

So yes, please, save it !
                • 409 Posts
                Thanks a lot !
                I tried to install it under the last 2.6.5 MODX version and it's globally working !
                Just maybe update the graphical front-end with the last MODX manager framework, specially the bugs on the recurring event option (unusable for now, but with a fix on the Github repo smiley )

I'm happy to see you back smiley
                  • 60 Posts
                  sebastian-marinescu Reply #8, 5 years, 7 months ago
                  Quote from: charless at Jun 02, 2018, 03:59 AM
                  Is it worth saving....???

YES, please! smiley

I've been looking into every calendar/events-extra, and most are too incomplete, except mxCalendar, but all definitely outdated.

mxCalendar seems very nice as there is filtering through categories/contexts and recurring events, but right now the installation has problems setting up some chunks and saving an event is not possible. This is the error I get:

INSERT INTO `dev_modx_mxcalendars_events` (`title`, `description`, `content`, `categoryid`, `link`, `linkrel`, `linktarget`, `location_name`, `location_address`, `map`, `allday`, `startdate`, `enddate`, `repeating`, `repeattype`, `repeaton`, `repeatfrequency`, `source`, `feeds_id`, `feeds_uid`, `context`, `calendar_id`, `form_chunk`, `createdon`, `createdby`, `editedby`, `active`) VALUES ('test', 'asdf asd as das dff', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 1536705900, 1536748200, 0, 0, '', 0, 'local', 0, '', '', 0, '', 1536680307, 1, 0, 1)
                  Array
                  (
                      [0] => HY000
                      [1] => 1366
                      [2] => Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'repeatfrequency' at row 1
                  )
                  • Looking into the issue.
                    • I'm updated a patch release, 1.1.11-pl, to fix most major issues with ModX version 2.3 - 2.6. Please give that a go and I'll be taking a look at other reported bugs and making incremental releases for those. That while also need to do a full rewrite to use classes, this will take longer of course. In short I hope these bug fix items will at least get the functionality back while I work through the other larger effort.

Cheers

Quote from: sebastian-marinescu at Sep 11, 2018, 03:54 PM
                      Quote from: charless at Jun 02, 2018, 03:59 AM
                      Is it worth saving....???

YES, please! smiley

I've been looking into every calendar/events-extra, and most are too incomplete, except mxCalendar, but all definitely outdated.

mxCalendar seems very nice as there is filtering through categories/contexts and recurring events, but right now the installation has problems setting up some chunks and saving an event is not possible. This is the error I get:

INSERT INTO `dev_modx_mxcalendars_events` (`title`, `description`, `content`, `categoryid`, `link`, `linkrel`, `linktarget`, `location_name`, `location_address`, `map`, `allday`, `startdate`, `enddate`, `repeating`, `repeattype`, `repeaton`, `repeatfrequency`, `source`, `feeds_id`, `feeds_uid`, `context`, `calendar_id`, `form_chunk`, `createdon`, `createdby`, `editedby`, `active`) VALUES ('test', 'asdf asd as das dff', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, 1536705900, 1536748200, 0, 0, '', 0, 'local', 0, '', '', 0, '', 1536680307, 1, 0, 1)
                      Array
                      (
                          [0] => HY000
                          [1] => 1366
                          [2] => Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'repeatfrequency' at row 1
                      )