We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Quote from: iusemodx at May 03, 2016, 10:02 AM
    A workaround for the alias - not tested but should work

Update your config:
    Tools => Configuration => Friendly URLs Tab

Select Yes for the following:

• Allow duplicate URL aliases
    • Automatically generate URL alias

Then save the settings

Now got to the DocManager ans select the "Other Properties" tab (As describe previously)

Click in the "Edited On Date:" and select todays date.

In the field "Specify a Range of Document IDs" add your parent ID with ** and then click the submit button

example:

22**

This is realy cool, I published all of them, thank you.

Not sure why, but in my case alias adds only if I click 'Save' directly in the editing page. And also page appear on site only if I click 'Save', but I can access page if I click 'View' on editing page.
      • 953 Posts
      I've updated the post title to reflect the question.
        • 953 Posts
        As stated in my previous post - I hadn't tested it smiley

You might want to try other strategies / settings, that might get you a better result - but I think in the meantime, that solution is at least a starting point
          • 12 Posts
          Quote from: iusemodx at May 03, 2016, 10:02 AM
          A workaround for the alias - not tested but should work

Update your config:
          Tools => Configuration => Friendly URLs Tab

Select Yes for the following:

• Allow duplicate URL aliases
          • Automatically generate URL alias

Then save the settings

Now got to the DocManager ans select the "Other Properties" tab (As describe previously)

Click in the "Edited On Date:" and select todays date.

In the field "Specify a Range of Document IDs" add your parent ID with ** and then click the submit button

example:

22**

My fault, that works perfectly. I deleted old branch and duplicated new and now I have all aliases. Thanks for your help!

Upd: but somewhy I still can't see those pages at the site. They exists, but they are not in catalog.
            • 12 Posts
            Mabye there is some special database parameter that allows to show pages? I can see them just when I click on 'Save'.

Upd: I found that 'Save' button launches '/manager/processors/save_content.processor.php' file. Mabye anywhere here will be an answer. [ed. note: anotherplace last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]
              • 953 Posts
              Try re-naming the duplicate parent alias (folder containing the new 1000) - just as a test, then clear all cache and look at the front-end

You might be having conflicts due to duplicate aliases
                • 12 Posts
                Quote from: iusemodx at May 03, 2016, 01:00 PM
                Try re-naming the duplicate parent alias (folder containing the new 1000) - just as a test, then clear all cache and look at the front-end

You might be having conflicts due to duplicate aliases

Unfortunately it didn't help. I almost found what to do, I found that just after 'OnDocFormSave' pages appear on site. And now I can't find where 'OnDocFormSave' came from. I even made a new question for it.