Caching Improvements in Revolution 2.0.8 Offer Better Front-End and Server Performance
We’re still edging closer to releasing 2.1 but we wanted to share an improvement that will dramatically increase front end page speeds, reduce server load (I/O activity) and solve issues on some very large sites with blank pages on load.
Here’s what we changed in Revolution 2.0.8:
- Fixed a bug so cache only writes when changes to resources (documents and similar content types) occur. This results in far fewer writes to the filesystem and therefore significant page rendering speed as well as less processing on each visitor request.
- Change to prevent bad writes to the Cache
As always, MODx depends on community members and users asking for new features or improvements, and submitting patches and language updates. Please continue to help make Revolution better by submitting to: bugs.modx.com
(bookmark and use it often.)
Revolution gets better with every release, so download it now to try it or upgrade your existing Revolution sites.
Special Upgrade Note for users upgrading from 2.0.4 and earlier.
- Use Form Customization
- Have a Custom Access Policy
- Use the extension_packages setting
If your site is running 2.0.4-pl or earlier you should read Upgrading to Revolution 2.0.5
before upgrading. If your site was set up by someone else it would be wise to have them review the upgrade information
before proceeding with the upgrade.
Download Revolution 2.0.8-pl
Read the Revolution Documentation
Read the Installation Guide
Check the Installation Requirements
As with all releases, please submit bug reports and feature requests
. You should also read the documentation
, post feedback and successes
in the MODx Community forums.
The MODx Team
MODx Revolution 2.0.8-pl (February 21, 2011)
- [#3111] Apply file locking in xPDOCacheManager->writeFile() to prevent bad writes
- [#3111] Fix bug causing resource cache files to be over-written unnecessarily