Double Manager Display Performance in MODx Revolution 2.0.7
We were on track for the next release to be 2.1 but due to an incredibly wonderful proposal by one of our community members, Andchir to dramatically improve the page refresh and performance
of the manager; we just couldn’t help but sharing this significant performance increase with everyone.
Here are the highlights of Revolution 2.0.7:
- Reduced load times of manager pages by 50% with tree loading improvements
- Fixed issues with Image/File TVs and custom paths
- Various Form Customization fixes due to default values, the content field, and template overriding
- Fixed rare issue in Extended fields for User
As always, MODx depends on community members and users asking for new features or improvements, and submitting patches and language updates. Please continue to help make Revolution better by submitting to: bugs.modx.com
(bookmark and use it often.)
Revolution gets better with every release, so download it now to try it or upgrade your existing Revolution sites.
Special Upgrade Note for users upgrading from 2.0.4 and earlier.
- Use Form Customization
- Have a Custom Access Policy
- Use the extension_packages setting
If your site is running 2.0.4-pl or earlier you should read Upgrading to Revolution 2.0.5
before upgrading.If your site was set up by someone else it would be wise to have them review the upgrade information
before proceeding with the upgrade.
Download Revolution 2.0.7-pl
Read the Revolution Documentation
Read the Installation Guide
Check the Installation Requirements
As with all releases, please submit bug reports and feature requests
. You should also read the documentation
, post feedback and successes
in the MODx Community forums.
The MODx Team
zi: fixed a typo in version
MODx Revolution 2.0.7-pl (January 14, 2011)
- [#3376] Fix table creation when default storage engine is not MyISAM
- [#3472] Fix issue due to tree impr that prevented element saving success response
- Improve loading of mgr pages by preventing trees from rendering until activated
- [#3205] FC fixes: Ensure Resource Content field can have values set/renamed, that rules on create respect template, and that default values on create are set
- [#3165] Fix issue where resource/updatefromgrid processor was missing published value if user does not have publish permission
- [#2] Fix issue in user extended fields where subkeys in 2 separate containers DOM IDs conflict and prevent editing
- [#3422], [#3374], [#3197] Fix issue with filemanager_url and Image/File TVs and their relative end result URLs