MODx Revolution 2.0 RC-2 Released!
The MODx Team would like you to know that MODx Revolution 2.0 RC-2 is out and ready for download
There are 2 versions available:
Traditional (modx-2.0.0-rc-2.zip) - For regular users and users who don’t have root/sudo access to their machine.
Advanced (modx-2.0.0-rc-2-advanced.zip) - For those who want a smaller download and compressed install and have root/sudo access to their machine.
Note: Revolution 2.0 (since Beta-5) requires PHP 5.1.1 and above.
What’s new in Revolution 2.0.0 RC-2? (Read the full announcement
- Vastly improved and more detailed PDO checks in setup
- Lots of speed and performance optimizations for manager UI, faster response times, and update to ExtJS 3.2.1
- Elements can now be restricted by Access Control Lists on their Categories
- Lexicons refactored; now file-based and much easier to develop with, any entry can be overridden without breaking upgrade path
- Categories can now be drag/dropped in the Elements tree
- Added tree_root_id setting that allows you to specify the start parent id (or ids) of the left Resource tree
- Added filemanager_path for restricting files tree paths, added file-specific permissions for ACLs
- Over 100 bugs fixed and tasks resolved
As with all releases, and to help get us closer to the Generally Available (GA) release, please submit bug reports and feature requests
. You should also read the documentation
, post feedback and successes
, and follow along with development
The MODx Team