MODx Revolution 2.0 RC-1 Released!
The MODx Team would like you to know that MODx Revolution 2.0 RC-1 is out and ready for download
There are 2 versions available:
Traditional (modx-2.0.0-rc-1.zip) - For regular users and users who don’t have root/sudo access to their machine.
Advanced (modx-2.0.0-rc-1-advanced.zip) - For those who want a smaller download and compressed install and have root/sudo access to their machine.
Note: Revolution 2.0 (since Beta-5) requires PHP 5.1.1 and above.
What’s new in Revolution 2.0.0 RC-1? (Read the full annoucement
- CSS/JS compression in the manager UI
- Improved flow and error checking in setup
- Many fixes and improvements to Package Management, including a new View Package page, showing prior versions installed
- Added toggleable auto-check for updates for downloaded packages
- Cleanups and enhancements to RTE handling, and in-house file browser implementation
- Can now drag/drop any Element into a Category
- Added Forgot Login to login screen for manager
- Over 240 bugs fixed and improvements added; Read the Changelog
As with all releases, and to help get us closer to the Generally Available (GA) release, please submit bug reports and feature requests
. You should also read the documentation
, post feedback and successes
, and follow along with development
The MODx Team
Note: for those of you running servers with E_NOTICE on, you might need to make a patch described here: http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1778