We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Thank you for the clarification
      • 708 Posts
      I had this working beautifully, sending rich-text messages from the back-end to the front, but now it's not.

Turning "on" TW for the Message field prevents all content (text, media) from being sent to the front-end. The only thing that makes it through is the Subject line. But if I disable TW then it works as expected (but only as plain-text).

Can anyone confirm that sending rich-text messages is working for them using the above code? I need to determine if it's just me or if the problem lies elsewhere.

Quote from: donshakespeare at Aug 10, 2016, 08:45 AM
      In TinymceWrapper's plugin properties(your pset), set:

customJS = yes
      cutomJSchunks = Message
      [ed. note: todd.b last edited this post 7 years, 8 months ago.]
        Todd
        • 1,145 Posts
        TinymceWrapper (Miranda) is now out for Question2Answer

https://github.com/donShakespeare/TinymceWrapperQ2A

And of course we just raised the bar for the Q2A community as well.

Note. If you are using Q2A integrated in MODX, then your enjoyment is now complete
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 6 Posts
          CHUNK TinymceWrapperLinkList: getResources replacement for pdoMenu in case anyone needs it

[[getResources? 
            &parents=`0` 
            &depth=`0` 
            &limit=`0` 
            &sortby=`{"menuindex":"ASC"}` 
            &tpl=`@INLINE {title: "[[+pagetitle]]", value: "\[\[~[[+id]]\]\]"},`
          ]]

MODX Front End Dev
            • 1,145 Posts
            Excellent addition. Thank you @dubrod
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 6 Posts
              Here is a snippet to get second level. I'm creating a custom LinkList to sort through 1,000 resources. But here is the beginning just level 1 and level 2 if container.

<?php
              $output = "";

function clean($string) {
                 return preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9\- ]/', '', $string); // Removes special chars except space and hyphen
              }

//root resources
              $q = $modx->newQuery('modResource');
              $q->where(array('published'=>'1','hidemenu'=>'0','parent'=>'0','class_key'=>'modDocument'));
              $q->sortby('menuindex','ASC');
              $resources = $modx->getCollection('modResource',$q);
              foreach($resources as $resource) {
                  $id = $resource->get('id');
                  $pt = clean($resource->get('pagetitle'));
                  $folder = $resource->get('isfolder');
                  $output .= '{title: "'.$pt.'", value: "\[\[~'.$id.'\]\]"},';

//children
                    if($folder==1){
                    $cq = $modx->newQuery('modResource');
                    $cq->where(array('published'=>'1','hidemenu'=>'0','parent'=>$id,'class_key'=>'modDocument'));
                    $cq->sortby('menuindex','ASC');
                    $children = $modx->getCollection('modResource',$cq);

foreach($children as $child) {
                      $cid = $child->get('id');
                      $cpt = clean($child->get('pagetitle'));
                      $output .= '{title: " - '.$cpt.'", value: "\[\[~'.$cid.'\]\]"},';
                     } 

}
              }

return $output;

MODX Front End Dev
                • 463 Posts
                Thank you for this fantastic addition to Modx. I'm currently trying it out on a dev site and things are working really well.

I'd like to drop the old Gallery extra but at the moment it is so simple for my clients to use. They simply create galleries and associate them with a resource via entering the gallery id in a resource field - bingo the gallery appears.

With TinyJSONGallery it seems quite convoluted and I think my clients would struggle to understand how to do this - unless I'm missing something of course? TinyJSONGallery also seems to 'dominate' any resource it is associated with i.e. the tab is the first one open and the normal 'Save, Duplicate etc' buttons are missing. I've read right through this thread and can't seem to find a way that a client would be able to use this feature without copying and pasting code or creating a chunk(s).

Thank you again for this great extra - I'm really looking forward to using it on a production site.
                  Web site design in Nottingham UK by Chris Fickling http://www.chrisficklingdesign.co.uk
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  RE: chrisandy

Thanks for the feedback. When I get the doc ready and clear things up you'll see how easy it is to use TinyJSONGallery , until then, feel free to befriend TinymceWrapper Plugin [Properties Tab] (Ctrl + F TinyJSON). You were best to use your own property set so that the changes will survive upgrades.

Attached is a picture.
                  Cheers
                    • 463 Posts
                    Many thanks for the prompt reply. Luckily I'd read right through this thread before I installed TinymceWrapper so I created my own property set and chunks according to the instructions a couple of pages back.

I've also just upgraded my dev site from 2.4 to 2.5 and apart from one .js file strangely going missing, all updated fine and my settings persisted.

Great work don!
                      Web site design in Nottingham UK by Chris Fickling http://www.chrisficklingdesign.co.uk
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      RE: chrisandy

Thanks for taking time and doing the always-rare habit of reading ... this thread.

One more thing with TinyJSONGallery; let me know if it fires even though its TV is not attached to said resource.

Cheers.