We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Apache 2.2.22
    PHP 5.3.9
    MySQL 5.5.15
    MODX 2.2.4-pl2 advanced install
    Multiple contexts with a single core install

I performed what I thought was a successful upgrade on a dev box last week. I just used the same methodology to upgrade a production server. Everything looked good and seemed to work. But it was just pointed out that the Template Variables tab is missing (both machines). I've disabled all form customizations to see if that was causing a conflict, but no luck. All of the values are in the database, the TV listing, and the rendered resource...just no tab in the manager.

I'm still digging on this, but any insights/theories would be greatly appreciated.
      • 18 Posts
      Okay...still digging. I can see that show_tvs = 0 in the create and update js build. This can be traced back to the $this->tvCounts. I'm now trying to figure out why the TV counts are coming up empty when they are visible in the database and manager listing.
      • Check underneath your content area. Also, check in settings for "show TV below content". It may have defaulted to yes when you installed.

I looked for the TV's for the better part of a day before I figured this one out once.
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 18 Posts
          Yep, that was one of the first things I checked. That wasn't it. Thanks for the input. smiley

The problem stems from the show_tv value being set to 0 from the resource classes (update/create). I don't yet know if it's failing with the smarty template or the class function itself.
            • 18 Posts
            I think the root of my problem is that the installer has rewritten what was set for my assets and manager paths in the core config file. It's also frustrating to see that it was defaulted (and rewritten) to the "Web"-centric path when I'm using an advanced install with custom paths for the manager and web. I'm still trying to figure out how to move forward with this one.
              • 297 Posts
              I have the same problem. Has tried a lot of things: delete cache folder, clear cache, flush sessions, clear browser cache, Reinstalled MODX, compared config and index.php files... but it doesn't work sad
                • 24,544 Posts
                Could you have possibly upgraded from the advanced distribution to the standard distribution of MODX?

Also, have you tried turning off the compress_css and compress_js System Settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 297 Posts
                  Hi Bob,
                  The upgrade was from 2.2.0 traditional to 2.2.4 traditional.
                  Tried turnig off compress_css ( compress_js was disabled ) but the error is still there.
                  See attachment
                    • 297 Posts
                    The problem is only on update. New documents work well
                      • 18 Posts
                      I'm still having this issue and it's with all documents - update/create. I imaged our server and replicated it to my localhost environment. I did the upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.2.4 without a problem. Everything works perfectly!

I optimistically went back to our server, performed the upgrade and it succeeded without errors. Everything works...EXCEPT THE TEMPLATE VARIABLE TAB! The template variables are still in the database and tied to the templates. The tab is hidden though. I can see that the manager pages are pulling back 0 on the tv count and therefore the TV tab isn't showing. I didn't mess up the install/upgrade (advanced). I have the JS and CSS compression settings off.

Can anyone shed light on this issue??? [ed. note: hhiers last edited this post 11 years, 9 months ago.]