We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 701 Posts
    Hi,

Just upgraded to 2.2.2 and it seems to of broken. When you hit the "Add Item" button the overlay is empty, see attached screen shot. I've tried this on a fresh clean install of modx2.2.2 and i get the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ben
      • 3 Posts
      I have the exact same problem. Using MODX 2.2.2 the MIGX form appears always empty. Nothing is shown in the error log.

Edit: I just downgraded to MODX 2.2.1 and everything is working now without changing anything in MIGX. [ed. note: dorogoy last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
        • 39 Posts
        I get a very similiar error with MIGXDB in MODX 2.2.2 (PHP 5.2.17):
        In the MIGX Management on the main-tab 'MIGX', I click the 'Add Item' button, but the only thing in the opening window is the following error message:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl-sec/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php on line 231

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl-sec/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php on line 231

The error log is empty, too.

The error refers to
        public function prepareCmpTabs($properties, &$controller, &$tv)

I think it's not improbable that this is the same error as for the previous posters. I don't have much time to investigate this right now, more details later.

With kind regards,
        Marc

Edit: I also posted this as an issue on github. Please get back to me, if you need more information. [ed. note: boundaryfunctions last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
          • 5,888 Posts
          hoping MIGX 2.0 pl does fix this issues on MODX 2.2.2

http://modx.com/extras/package/migx

On my Test-Installation it did.
            -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
            • 110 Posts
            Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to edit MIGX items in the manager:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setPlaceholder() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/core/model/modx/modtemplatevar.class.php on line 1112

When I check for MIGX updates in Package Management it tells me version 1.1.0-rc1 is up to date although I have version 2.0 running on another site so know this not to be the case.

So I have two questions:

1. Is this the likely reason for MIGX not working in the Manager?

2. How do I get MODX to see there is a later version to update to?

MODX 2.2.0
            Extras (all up to date versions as of MODX 2.2.0)
            Codemirror
            TinyMCE
            MIGX
            Captcha
            Formit

SERVER
            Apache version 2.2.22
            PHP version 5.3.10
            MySQL version 5.0.95-community

CLIENT
            OSX 10.7.2
            Intel Core i7 2.2 GHz 8GB
            Firefox 11.0
            Chrome 18.0.1025.163
            Safari 5.1.1 (7534.51.22)

Cheers - Zaphodx

[ed. note: zaphodx last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
              • 110 Posts
              Solved,

Unistalled and removed MIGX 1.1.0 in Package Management then re-installed 2.0 from scratch, all works now.

Cheers - Zaphodx.
                • 701 Posts
                Quote from: Bruno17 at May 06, 2012, 05:10 PM
                hoping MIGX 2.0 pl does fix this issues on MODX 2.2.2

http://modx.com/extras/package/migx

On my Test-Installation it did.

Thanks Bruno, I can confirm this fixed the issue on my install as well.

Ben
                • Just a quick question re the data stored within MIGX - did this persist. I have a site which I've used MIGX for event creation and there is a lot of data, I don't want to have to re-load this as well.

Would I be best upgrading the MIGX package before upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2?

Thanks
                    Helen Warner
                    Number one pixel!
                    Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
                    • 701 Posts
                    You shouldn't have an issue. Mine upgraded fine. But of course worth making a back up of the DB and even trying a local version first.

I normally always update all my packages to the latest version before updating modx.

Ben
                      • 39 Posts
                      I can also confirm, that the last upgrade fixed my initial problem. Thanks for the fast response. But now I have some new errors that still make MIGXDB unusable:

I replicated every step from MIGXdb.Create doodles manager with help of MIGXdb in the rtfm to test everything.

When I open the Doodles CMP i get
                      Notice: Undefined index: textbox in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php on line 196
                      Notice: Undefined index: width in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php on line 536
                      Notice: Undefined index: width in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl/core/components/migx/model/migx/migx.class.php on line 536

When I click on "Add doodle", the opening window just has this in it:
                      Notice: Undefined index: prefix in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl/core/components/migx/processors/mgr/default/fields.php on line 4
                      Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in [...]/modx-2.2.2-pl/core/components/migx/processors/mgr/default/fields.php on line 29

A screenshot of the problems is attached.

With kind regards,
                      Marc